Chapter 12

"So until we can convince your parents to take you back in you're staying here" Bobby says to Cas. "Thanks so much" Cas says. Bobby nods. "We don't have a guest bedroom though so you either have to share Dean's room with him or sleep on the couch" Bobby says "but Riot does like sleeping on the couch so you might be kicked off." As if on cue, Riot the australian shepherd comes bounding into the room and jumps up on the couch. "I guess we'll share" Dean says. "Okay well now that that's settled, you boys do need to go to school tomorrow" Bobby says. Dean doesn't know how good of an idea that is but he nods, knowing that he would fail miserably if he tried to debate with Bobby. "Okay so that's about it for now" Bobby says "you boys go do your homework." Dean and Cas stand up and walk up to Dean's room. The go in and sit down on the edge of the bed. "So how screwed are we?" Cas asks. "Not as much as we could be" Dean says with a small smile, nudging him gently with his arm. Cas laughs feebly. "Yeah I guess" he says. "Okay so let's actually do our homework" Dean says, grabbing his backpack. "Yeah" Cas says, grabbing his. They get their homework out and sit on the floor. They work on it until Bobby calls them down to dinner. They go down to the kitchen and sit at the table. The chair Bobby brought down is right next to Dean's so they're sitting right next to each other. Bobby is already sitting at the table. A minute later Sam comes running in and lands in his chair. "Thanks for joining us" Bobby says. Sam just smiles and everyone except for Cas starts digging in. "Dude you gotta eat something" Dean says softly looking at Cas. Cas looks at him and smiles slightly. He then gets some food. "So how was your day?" Bobby asks Sam. "Good" Sam says after he swallows a mouthful of food "I aced my test and my team won in football this morning." "Nice" Bobby says. "How was you boys's day going before this afternoon" Bobby asks. Cas looks a little confused. "It was actually kinda good" Dean says trying to remember what they did this morning, everything had been overshadowed by the events of the afternoon. "I got a B on a worksheet I thought I had bombed." "And you Cas" Bobby asks. "Oh um it was okay I guess" Cas says, still looking a bit confused. "Good" Bobby says nodding. "No matter what happened he's gonna ask that" Dean whispers to Cas. "Ah" Cas whispers back. Bobby tells them about a ridiculous client who came into the garage that day who was convinced a squirrel had gotten into the hood of her car. It almost made Cas laugh which Dean thought was a good thing. Dinner ends and the boys go back upstairs. "That was a lot different than my house" Cas says as Dean closes the door. "Yeah" Dean says. Dean walks over to Cas and puts his arms around his waist, looking him in the eye. "Are you okay" he asks. "No" Cas says "I'm really not." Dean leans forward and presses a kiss to his lips. It's a soft but firm touch and Dean can feel the pent up emotions in Cas wanting to be released. He pulls away and looks into Cas's bright blue eyes. "Did that help" Dean asks with a slight grin. "A little" Cas says before leaning forward and kissing Dean a little bit more firmly than before. It's only a couple seconds later though when Cas's head slides down and comes to rest on Dean's shoulder, his shoulders shaking as he cries. Dean feels a tear fall down his own cheek and moves his head onto Cas's shoulder as if they were hugging if it weren't for the soft muffled sobs coming from Cas. Cas apologizes multiple times but each time Dean dismisses them, reassuring him that it's okay. "I think we should go to sleep" Dean says eventually. Cas makes a sound between laughing and crying. "Should I sleep in the chair" Cas asks from Dean's shoulder. "No, you're sleeping with me tonight" Dean says. They change into pajamas and get into the bed. Cas is still crying a little but eventually falls asleep curled up next to Dean.