Chapter Eighteen- The Most Beautiful Sound

All I could think about at the moment, was that these lights were so bright. They were bright, bright, lights with an even brighter blue halo surrounding them. So bright. I let my gaze fall to the left of the room and saw even more lights, with men in light, bright blue. A lot of blue.

"I think the medicine kicked in." I could hear a voice echo from far away, but also close by. I blinked my eyes for a moment.

"The laughing gas relaxed her for now, but I'm not sure how much longer that's going to last. We can only give her so much, and it's too late for an epidural. It's going to be an all natural birth." I listened to the voice of the man in blue, although I couldn't quite focus.

One man lifted the breathing nose from my face and my fingers lingered on the soft flesh where I took in a cool sniff of air in. I blinked a couple of times.

"Doctor.." I said, hopefully in English. "I'm having my baby, right?" My voice was soft.

The guy smiled at me briefly and answered a big, "Yes. Are you excited?"

I giggled for a moment, I couldn't stop it. I almost felt loopy. When I calmed down I managed to speak again. "Yeah. I feel like I've been pregnant forever." My hand traveled down to my stomach.

I closed my eyes briefly trying to stop the high-ish feeling I was experiencing. That immediately stopped when I felt the pressure of an eight pound child weighing down between my legs.

"Holy fuck!" I screamed unintentionally. "I-I-It's coming!" I panicked- no longer reaping the effects of laughing gas.

The doctor lifted my gown, poking around there and came back up after about a minute. "We're going to wait about ten more minutes before we go ahead and induce and push. The baby's head isn't far enough down yet. We want to get her out at the right moment."

I fought the urge to say anything rude back, instead gripping the cover as tightly as I could. I guess the doctor could tell so he said, "About ten more minutes, Mrs. Bieber." He did a closed mouth hum.

He left the room and I sat all alone. I was doing those silly breathing things that you would see on the movies. It wasn't working. There was no one here to comfort me or tell me I was doing just fine. I had no one here to hold my hand or wipe the sweat from my forehead. I had no one and that was killing me. I hadn't even spoken to my aunt since I met Justin. Did she know I was pregnant? If so, would she even accept this child? There were so many things I had to go through and think about, but I am alone.

My bottom lip began to quiver and as much as I hated it, it did not stop the tears that traveled after. I let quiet sobs escape my lips and my entire face was wet within seconds. I was really all alone.

"God, why did Justin have to mess up right now?" I cried to myself. "He-he... I can't do this." I was breathing jagged breaths trying to settled my head back on the pillows.

There was a knock at the door and I didn't bother to say anything. All I did was try to wipe my eyes, but that wasn't working. Tears kept pouring.

"Ahem." A voice cleared the air for my attention.

I sat up and came face to face with Scooter and a quiet Pattie. Scooter had a more than serious expression and Pattie wore a regretful stare.

"I don't know what possibly happened this far into your relationship, but regardless, it needs to be fixed before that baby gets here." Scooters words were stern and stressed.

I stiffened for a moment, my mood changing into anger instantaneously. I opened my mouth to say something but I was quickly cut off.

"We, um, have this red folder that Justin dropped, but what's inside it isn't important at the moment." Scooter sighed. "I just ask for one hundred percent of your honesty. Is that Justin's child?" Scooter almost looked ashamed to be asking.