•nine•

Princess Genevieve had gotten all ready for the baby shower. She stood in front of the mirror looking at herself one last time to make sure she was satisfied with her appearance. When she turned around, Genevieve found Prince Zayn watching her adoringly from the doorway of their room. He was leaning onto the doorframe with his arms crossed and a smile present on his face. Even after being married to Zayn for a year, he never failed to make Genevieve blush.

Zayn made his way to Genevieve and stood in front of her, towering a few inches over her. Genevieve expectantly looked above into his dark warm eyes, which bored into hers.

"You look lovely." he said in a hush tone and proceeded to kiss her softly on the cheek.

"Thank you." she grinned.

Zayn crouched down in front of Genevieve and her baby bump was at his eye level. He placed a hand on it and looked up at his wife smiling. Genevieve placed her hand on top of his and watched him lean towards her belly to place a kiss on there as well.

Zayn stood up, extending his height and placed his hands on Genevieve's shoulders. "Be safe, okay?"

"I will." she nodded. Ever since Genevieve had mentioned the baby shower to Zayn and its details as to who was hosting it and where it was taking place, he had grown concerned for her safety and his child's. "I have Madeline going with me too, remember?"

"I do." he nodded. "But still."

Genevieve nodded and placed a hand on his cheek. She looked at Zayn affectionately because she knew she had been blessed with such a caring and loving man in her life. She moved her face towards him to plant a soft quick kiss on his lips.

"I have to go now."

"Alright." he nodded and stepped aside.

Genevieve walked out of their room and descended the steps of the grand staircase. Madeline stood waiting for the princess and her best friend at the last step. The girls exchanged smiles before heading outside of the castle and stepped inside the car that was waiting for them.

"I still can't believe Princess Aria is having this baby shower for you." Madeline spoke up.

"Same here." Genevieve looked outside the window watching Genovia's natural beauty swiftly pass by her. "But I guess she's beginning to change her ways and her feelings towards me."

"Prince Zayn seemed a bit uneasy about this whole thing."

"He is." the princess nodded looking back to her friend. "But I told him I have you with me so there shouldn't be anything to worry about."

"It's so sweet to always see him care so much about you. Especially now that you're pregnant. His love and concern for you seems to grow each single day."

"I'm truly lucky Maddy." Genevieve sighed. "I don't know what I did to deserve him."

After about an hour drive, the black polished vehicle came to a halt in front of a grand castle. The chauffeur opened the door for the two girls, and they stepped out not tearing their eyes away from the magnificent structure that stood before them even for a second.

"Wow." Madeline breathed in awe.

Genevieve stood beside her and stared at the castle in amazement with widened eyes.

The princess and her right hand walked towards the castle and climbed up the marble steps. As they neared the last step, someone appeared in front of the main door. Genevieve looked up to find Princess Aria dressed in a long white dress with her straightened her tied up in a high ponytail.

"Good afternoon ladies." the princess of Wellington greeted with a wide grin pasted on her glossy pink lips.

"Hello Aria." Genevieve replied returning a smile back.