Chapter 32 - Pottering Potter

Draco' POV

It was twilight. The winds were howling as they chatted to the werewolves in the Forbidden Forrest.
I clambered out of bed, making as little noise as I could, so as not to awaken the stupid oafs in my dorm. A floorboard supporting my feet groaned as I stepped further. Goyle grunted. I came to a halt as I began to panic. I turned to face his bed, but he wasn't awake.
I wanted to see Holly now. She was crying earlier and it was dreadful. I was going to check on her, even if it was the dead of night.
I walked through the castle in a tired manner, unseen by any teachers.
I reached the grand hospital wing doors, which creek we in the wind. I noticed one of the doors had been left ajar. Perfect.

As I approached Holly's bedside, I realised her petite frame wasn't occupying the bed. She wasn't there.

Panicking, I rushed out the room in quest to find her. There was a ghost in the distance, delicately drifting up the staircase leading to the next floor. The third floor. Father had told me not to go near the room beside the landing- so did Dumbledore, but he didn't know what he was talking about. Father said someone would penetrate the secrets hidden behind the door and bring the Dark Lord back.
I followed the white figure, hoping it noticed where Holly wandered off to.

"Excuse me, have you seen Holly, Holly Potter?" I asked, exasperated. However, the translucent form didn't answer,
With a spike of rage, I marched in front of the gloating thing. I looked up at the face, not registering who it was as it continued to walk up the stairs. Then I realised... Ghosts couldn't walk.

"Holly," I hissed spitefully, "Holly, what are you doing?"
"No... You can't make me! I won't!" Holly whined in pain. "Please no, anything but that. don't hurt him. No!" Holly began to cry. Droplets of tears dripped solemnly down her defined cheeks.
She pushed past me and took out her wand.
"Let me do it. Take me instead. I'm not weak! Defy what the Dark Lord wishes. After all I have done, do you not think he knows to trust me? I found the stone. I opened the chamber. I showed Wormtail to the Dark Lord. I jinxed the cup to make it a Portkey. Do you not think I can handle this simple task? Or is there more to it? You want the glory to yourself! But I will be the one to finish the great Albus Dumbledore! And there's nothing you can do to stop me! Nothing." She marvelled at her deeds as she gasped for air. This didn't make sense. How did she know about the Dark Lord? And the stone?

"Alohamora!" She sang as she opened the door.
"Holly! Holly, come off it!" I snapped as I grasped the shoulder firmly. She inhaled the stale, thin air deeply.

"You.. You're.. But-But it can't..." She trailed off as she was enveloped by her own train of ponderous thought.

We were walking back to the Hospital Wong I noticed someone stalking into Hagrid's hut. It was that Perfect Potter and his mudblood and blood traitor friends. I would have him for this.