Chapter 6: Tito

Picture: Tito

"Tito!" I shouted.

The large sac of muscles that was Tito emerged from the silver Toyato with a chesire cat worthy grin smeared across his face.

After hanging up on Rose, I called Tito and told him I was in town and he immediately agreed to come get me.

I jumped up from the curb I was sat on, and ran towards him where I was immediately enveloped in a warm bone crushing hug.

Tito picked me up and shook me back and forth crushing my ribs in the process.

"Tito." I squeaked as best as I could. "Lack.... of..... oxygen.... over.... here."

He quickly released me and I took a large breath and smiled at him through my panting. The dude was huge with beefy arms, legs, and well.... everything basically.

Tito was an old friend from back home. Our parents were best friends and we basically grew up together. He moved to California about a year and half ago and I've missed him like crazy. He's almost 5 years older than me and, he's always been like the big brother I've never had.

"Whats up kid?" He chuckled.

"I've missed you, you idiot. Why haven't you came back home, yet?" I screamed punching his chest.

He stretched his large arms and sighed. "I've been kinda busy, tryna make a living out here and everything. But I missed you Shortie."

Tito swept me into a gentler hug this time and I relished in the familiarity of it. The hug quickly turned into a headlock as he vigorously ruffled my hair.

My futile attempt to escape must have been quite amusing to the bystanders surronding us. I should've know better.

"I heard about your moms shipping you out here and all. Still getting into trouble I see." He smirked releasing me from the headlock, but not getting off without and kick in the shin.

Faking  a tear, I grinned up at him. "You know me so well."

He walked towards the car opening the passanger door for me to slide into the leather interior. He jogged around the hood and slipped into the drivers seat.

"Hungry?" He question.

I grinned and strapped up my seat belt.

"Always."

****

"No way." I gasped.

Tito's dark brown eyes shined as he recounted the story of how he got himself a girlfriend.

I shook my head furiously. "Nope. I don't believe it. The almightly playboy Tito has been tamed?"

He nodded solemly. "I know. Hard to believe, but this girls special 'Nae, I swear."

I squinted into his eyes, trying to discern if he was telling the truth or if this was another one of his episodes.

Genuine sincerity coated his dark orbs and a small shy smile played at his lips. I had only seen him like this once before, with his high school sweatheart Allison.

"You really like her don't you?" I exhaled. He nodded shyly and I laughed. This was so not Tito. "Then obviously I have to meet the girl. It is a girl right?" I joked.

He narrowed his eyes and flicked a piece of his pie at me. "I am not amused."

Tito drove us to a local cafe and we were sitting in a booth eating literally, the best pie I've ever tasted.