Swingle Airness Ey || Extended Summary + AN

Where eight year old, Grayson Mathers, teaches nine year old, Rosemary Park, the opposite of Valentines' Day.

Previously published on my main account, @tilmorning , in February 2015 for the Sour Patch Kids SAD Writing Contest.

This story is something completely different than my normal writings and I wanted to address a few things discussed within my writing in case there were any questions regarding the direction I went. First off, I do not condone bullying or any form of bullying at all. There is nothing enjoyable or lovely about it and I don't accept it 100%. No human should ever be dealt with other humans who partake in any form of bullying. No one deserves to ever feel low because of others. Bullying is ugly. Secondly, I chose second grade because I currently work with second grade children and children with disabilities. I felt that it was an age group of children I could properly write (including the way they pronounce their words and form sentences; beware of grammar and sentence errors when some are speaking). Third, I also chose to write about a child with disabilities because it's something I often feel is over looked. From what I've encountered with and been around, people judge without getting to know someone (whether a child or not) who has any form of disability. It's heartbreaking to see because they are still people too and have a heart (a huge one at that!). They are loving people just as any other person in the world and I think sometimes people tend to forget that because people are afraid or don't understand people who are disabled.

This is how I feel personally, my own opinion, and I am aware and fully supportive that everyone else may feel differently about the subject. However, please be respectful to this as I've said this is my interpretation and personal opinion. Everyone is entitled to feel and think a certain way but should not receive hate for it.

x