Swingle Airness Ey

Endless amounts of chatter echoed from the back of the light yellow bus; where kindergarten, first, and second grade students smashed themselves together like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in one seat, to where Mr. Carter gripped the steering wheel in annoyance in the front.

It was nearing eight am, fifteen minutes until the first bell would ring signaling class, and it amazed Mr. Carter how majority of the students were wide awake and bouncing off the walls, when he, himself, had drunk two cups of coffee and still felt half asleep.

Although the children were creating slight havoc in the bus, their loudness wasn't abnormal; for if the children were quiet as a mouse, then there would be a reason to worry. However, there were a few whom didn't open their mouths at all, leaving it a mystery as how their voice sounded (unless they spoke once their feet stepped out of the bus).

The seats in the bus were split between different groups created by the children themselves during the beginning of the year. Second grade students took over the back seats while kindergarteners claimed the front rows, leaving first graders to mingle in between.

The two back rows were always reserved for the six "well liked" students of the second grade. On the right side: Jonathan Chance sat near the window, while Becky Taylor sat between him and Melody Jones who neared the aisle. On the left side: Brendon Smith leaned his back against the window to talk to Talan Jacobs who was between him and Rosemary Park.

Every morning and afternoon Rosemary would sit on the edge of her seat while Talan and Brendon fought each other, almost pushing her off her seat. Then every so often, she would join in on the conversation across from her with Melody and Becky, sharing a laugh or three.

Melody and Becky were her two best friends since her mind could remember. Photo albums of the three in every grade were scattered through cupboards in the halls while their first photo ever of the three girls sitting side by side on the tire swing together hanging on the wall.

The three girls were invincible together, always stuck like glue and attached at the hip. Rosemarys' dad would always joke during play dates, calling the three girls the Girly Three Musketeers.

Placing her elbow on her knee, Rosemary rested her chin on top of her hand, eyeing the two girls beside her whom were discussing the upcoming holiday festivities.

"I didn't bring candy for anyone, only cards" Melody said pushing the bridge of her peach colored glasses up her nose then brushed her blonde hair over her shoulder, "besides Mommy always said boys are supposed to bring you candy."

Becky rolled her eyes and shook her head from left to right, "Nuh-uh, that's not true."

"Yes it is!" the blonde snapped back glaring at the brunette who was mimicking her expression, "Whatever mommy says goes." Becky laughed out loud and shrugged her shoulders, "well your mommy is wrong then."

Melody gasped and groaned out loud, "whatever," she mumbled crossing her arms and turning her back away from Becky. "What do you think Rosemary?"

Rosemary shrugged and began pulling on the ends of her red curly hair, watching as each strand of hair fell from her grasp. "Boys don't bring me candy," she said dropping her hair from her grasp and leaning back against the leather seat.

"Well not all boys give candy," Melody scoffed as if what she was saying was known to everyone except the redhead beside her. "Only your Valentine."

"That's not true!" Becky pitched in but was quickly dismissed by Melody.

Rosemary looked at Melody with curious eyes, "I don't have a Valentine."

"Well you need one," Melody replied nodding her head yes, "everyones got one."