Off Day

*ok I may or may not be listening to all of the boys X Factor performances right now as i write this ok. Don't judge me. It helps me think. It's beautiful. Ok. Fetus as hell. Ok*

***

Louis never liked being woken up. Ever. He hated it especially when it was his manager or his phone, and in this case, it was his phone buzzing on his bedside table. Louis usually kept the sound off and left it on vibrate and that's what was happening right then. His phone was vibrating violently against the wooden table and Louis felt like he might rip his hair out if it didn't stop. He grunted and pushed the duvet from over his head and grabbed his phone and without checking to see who it was, he clicked the answer button and held it to his ear.

"'Ello?" He mutters gruffly. He glanced over at his alarm clock and saw that it was 1:30 in the morning and he wondered who the hell called someone at that time.

"Louis?" Came a small voice that Louis recognised almost immediately.

"Harry? Is that you?" Louis sits up and runs his fingers through his hair. Why would Harry be calling at this time? Louis wondered and waited for the younger boy to say something. Louis swore he heard a sniffle, like Harry was crying, and that made his heart ache. Harry Styles should never, ever be sad, Louis thinks.

Harry sniffles again, "Y-Yeah. S'me. I'm sorry for calling at this time. You were probably asleep. M'sorry. I'll let you sleep. This was silly."

"Wait," Louis cries through the phone. "Wait, Harry. It's okay. What's wrong? You sound upset. You can talk to me, yeah? I'm here to listen."

It was quiet on the other side of the line for a while, Louis just listening to Harry's sniffles and breathes. His chest had a dull pain in it as he listened to the sad sounds on the other side of the phone call and Louis just wanted to hold Harry until he became happy again.

"It's silly," Harry finally whispers.

"Of course not love, come on. Tell me what's got you upset." Louis gently coaxed through the phone. He really didn't want his Harry to be sad. My Harry, Louis thinks, he's my Harry. The precious eighteen year old that was shy and cheeky at the same time.

"I... Um, I kind of had a bad dream. I was going to call my mum, but she doesn't answer her phone at night. It's silly. I'm sorry. Never mind. I'll let you get back to sleep now." Harry mumbled. Louis was quick to tell him that it was fine and to keep talking to him because Harry was fine and Louis was fine and he just wanted to make the boy happy.

Louis pushed his hair back band laid back on his big bed and pulled the duvet over his smaller body.

"How bad was this dream of yours, if you don't mind me asking that is?" Louis says quietly. He wanted to know how he could possibly comfort Harry and he figured he could do better if he knew what happened.

"On a scale of one to ten? Eleven." Harry huffed.

Louis closed his eyes tightly, "Want to talk about it?"

"No."

"Okay." Louis says. Because it was okay. He wasn't going to pressure Harry into telling him something he didn't want to tell him. The dream had obviously upset him quite a bit and Louis wasn't going to push that.

"You've got an off day tomorrow - today - don't you?" Louis asked.

"Yeah," Harry sighed.

"Would you like to come to my house for a bit? Get away from the crowd at the house? We can drink tea and play Scrabble." Louis smiles to himself and just pictures Harry being so much better at the game than he was. Harry just seemed like he knew a bunch of random words that wouldn't be used in everyday conversation. Words like erinceous, which pertained to, or resemble, a hedgehog. Or words like agastopia, meaning to admire a particular part of someone's body. Louis could be wrong though and would go for simple words like few, or a made up word like rainbowy. Harry could be either person when it came to the game. Or both.