Chapter 7

"You sure Elle? Because you don't normally get sick, and that was like some weird, random puke fest..." He makes me look him straight in the eye, knowing I wouldn't be able to continue lying to him.

I nod my head yes, but my anxiety of worry makes me brake down into tears again. "No."

"Shhh shhh hey, it's okay," He leads me to my room and sets me down on my black and purple comforter.

"No it's not ok. I'm always messing things up. I ruin lives, I'm a life ruiner."

"What are talking about Elle? You haven't done anything life ruining." He laughs like I'm crazy.

I nod my head yes, and look at him in the eyes. He wipes my tears away and waits patiently for me to explain. I look at Moose, my stuffed dragon, and grab him. I play with his shiny green wings, and remember how I won him at the fair Jackson and I went to a couple of years ago.

"You're going to hate me." I mumble hoping he'd be like everybody else I know, and just nod his head pretending to hear me. But I know Jackson better than that. He is the only person who actually pays attention and cares about me.

"Why on Earth- scratch that, why on any planet would I ever hate you? Elle, in case I haven't made it clear, I love you."

Tears threaten to fall once more, but I force them not to fall. Jackson grabs Moose, finally losing patience with my silence. I let him take Moose, and just grab Philmore, my stuffed giraffe, instead. He sighs, obviously irritated with this all. He grabs my giraffe, throws his aside, and gently grabs my face, forcing me to look at him.

"Elle, what happened to telling each other everything? What happened to us being forever? Or have you forgotten? Are you finally saying goodbye?" Jackson and I have this thing. Ever since my parents left we vowed to never say goodbye, not on the phone, or after we leave each other's houses. We just hang up, or leave. It's like an insurance that we'll come back to each other.

"No! I just- I'm afraid that if I tell you, that you'll be the one to say goodbye."

He looks at me concerned and confused. "What do you mean?"

"Jackson..." I sigh and a traitor tear falls from my brown eyes, "I'm- I'm pregnant."