Rough Draft

It's easy to hate

and it is difficult to love.

This is how the scheme of things works

All the good things are difficult to achieve...

-Rene Descarias

"What is going on?" She mumbled, confused.

The painting she had worked on for weeks was now blank, and the subject of the painting was rummaging through her kitchen looking for... tea?

Of all things, why did it have to be tea?  She had just finished the last of it earlier that night.

I must be dreaming... She thought as she walked back towards her kitchen. The man now sat at the bar, snacking on some bread. His dark hair sported an attractive undercut. He had an angular jawline, thin nose, and stern, piercing grey eyes that were not easily forgotten. He seemed to be around my height, maybe a bit taller.... 5'3" maybe?  He wore a white button up shirt tucked into black pants and boots. He was actually pretty attractive. No, I'm definitely not dreaming...

I approached the man cautiously, "Who are you and how did you get here?" I managed to ask.

He looked at me for a second with an irritated, almost bored expression before answering, "Name's Levi."

Levi... The name fit him well, "Okay, Levi. How did you get here?"

"Tch... You should know, Brat. You're the reason why I'm here."

"I painted you," I stated, bluntly, "And you... Came to life?"

"Seems that way."

"But WHY? What is your purpose?"

"Tch... I don't know, Brat. I don't know what happened or why. I just know that I'm here now and you're the one who brought me to life."

[Y/N] massaged her temples, trying to understand. Eventually she gave up, "Alright, well, I'm too tired right now. Its three in the morning. At least I have a day off tomorrow, we'll figure out how to get you on your own then. You can sleep on the couch." She told him. Even though it was going to be a pain, she felt like she had to take responsibility for him since she somehow brought him into this world.

Levi turned to face the living area, "That couch?" he asked, disgusted.

"Yes? What's wrong with it?"

"You have tons of shit on it. It's probably filthy."

"Your language is filthy." I snapped back at him, "Anyways, just put my stuff on the table or something."

"It's fine, Brat, I'll just sleep on the chair," He said, referring to my favorite piece of furniture, a high backed arm chair in the corner of the room.

"Fine, do what you want." This man was starting to get on her nerves, "Anyways, goodnight, I'm going back to bed."

"Tch..."

Does he know how to say anything else? He's pretty irritating, maybe I should stay away from painting people from now on.

She locked herself back in her room, keeping the letter opener on her nightstand just in case.

~

"You're pretty rude, you know that?" [Y/N] was already getting a headache from trying to have a normal conversation with Levi that didn't consist of 'tch', 'brat', and 'shit'.

"Tch... You think I give a shit, Brat?"

"Wow, you used up all of your vocabulary in one sentence!" She said sarcastically as he scowled at her. "Anyways, I can't have you stay here for however long you will be here."

How long will he be here? Will he go back to being a painting? Or will her stay human forever? Ah... This is all so confusing...

She sighed, "We have to find a place for you to live that's not here. Erwin wouldn't like it if he found out, and he'd think I'm crazier that he already thinks I am if I told him the truth."

"Who's Erwin?" Levi asked, and the girl looked at him incredulously. It was the first time he had inquired anything about her.

"Erwin is my boyfriend."

Levi snorted, "You  have a boyfriend?"

And there he his again, "Yes, I have a boyfriend. At least my life doesn't consist of making poop comments every other sentence." She sighed, "Anyways, I'm going to the mall to do some grocery shopping, -yes, I will get your tea, don't interrupt- and you  need to look for a job."

Author-chan: I really like her character. She has a level of sass that can hold it's own against Levi's. I brought out a lot of conflict in this chapter. She really doesn't like Levi right now, and she's dating Erwin! WHAT?! AHHHAHAHAHA!!!! It's so perfect. (But she will not cheat on Erwin for Levi. I don't do the cheating thing. I don't like it, so if you're worried about that, don't be.) Anyways! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think! <3