Chapter 1

Blade Frost skated down the sidewalk to her first year at Parker High School as a Freshman. She was constantly making an ice track to skate on and making it disappear in the back as she skated off of it. She had been able to do this trick since she could remember. It just came naturally. 

     Her ice blue hair flung everywhere and crinkled together like ice-sickles being hit against each other. Her large headphones hung around her head, the ones she had received on her birthday from an old friend named Noel Iceman. He now lived in Argentina to move the winter to make Christmas happen there. Video calls on her laptop just weren't the same as playing Medeival with Kasai, Kori, and Noel with her pretending to be the grand warrior of the north, strong and bold, ready to take down an army.

     "Ack!" she shouted, suddenly seeing a swirl of ice and snow. Coming to a stop, it landed in front of her. It came to be a teenage boy floating on an Everlasting Cloud, the kind that you could sit on without it bursting. "Hello there. I am Blitz Nature. I have to ask, what is a beautiful winter poinsettia doing out here all alone?" he asked, rather proud of himself, and not to be mentioned, rather boastingly. "I am Blade Frost, and I can skate the rest of the way alone, thank you" she snapped and skated on. Blitz moved along on his little cloud, floating away faster until he was out of sight. 

     Blade was rather tired of people who stopped and looked at her. She didn't choose to be born an attractive person. She never thought of herself as the perfect person with three inches of makeup, a perfect life, and with people who adored her for being a snotty stuck-up brat. Never have, never will. She earned all of her past friends with kindness and being trust-worthy, not deals or making them look good with her. Blade soon became lost in thought.

     FWOOSH!!!!! A burst of heat flew by Blade's head as she ducked for cover. The heat came to a stop, fell back, and from it emerged a teenage girl, arguably the same age as her. "Hey, there!" the girl chirped. "You going to school alone, too? Most of the newbies here are coming in little groups, so we're kind of a minority" she said in relaxed voice. "Well, let's just say I don't fit in 100% of the time" replied Blade as she slowed down her skating pace. "I'm Flame Burns" said the girl. Her short, spiky, pixie-cut flaming hair had ashes coming off of it. Her beautiful lightly tanned skin nearly glistened in the sunlight. She was obviously a fire elemental. "I'm Blade. Blade Frost. Do you want to talk until we get to school?" she asked.

     They talked and talked about their nervousnesses for school, cute guys they might meet, their day jobs, their annoying younger siblings, and even their pets. "I have this that did that" they yacked. "Did I tell you about this person?" they rambled. Soon, they reached school grounds. Flame's watch alarm beeped. "Oh, I have Fire Elementals Club in just a few. I'll catch you later. See ya!" she shouted as she sped away not wanting to be late. Blade returned to her original skating pace until she reached the front doors.

The front doors boomed open, giving Blade the perfect chance to have a grand entrance. She walked in, letting her binder strap lay on her shoulder. She looked to the giant staircase, and there stood Blitz Nature, completely surrounded by girls. She felt a sudden flash of cold throughout her body.

     "Oh no. Not now!"  she screamed inside her head. The red velvet carpet began to grow a sheet of ice. Giant shards of ice began shoot up out of the ice, creating a sort of shield in the front of Blade. Flashbacks began to flood her mind. She remembered her first breakout in third grade. It happened at Show and Tell. Then that one time in fifth grade. It was during the May Pole Dance. Everyone was watching as she became encased in ice. She rembered that other time in sixth grade. It was her first dance. It was horrible. Everyone was frozen. The last time she had a breakout, she was in eighth grade. She was mixing chemicals in science. She dropped a beaker filled with Antifreeze, and it went everywhere in large shards of ice. And now. Why now? 

     In the midst of everything that was happening, Blade felt a warm hand on her back. Something that she never felt before. All of the ice was sucked back into her. All of the shards shrank down, moving the sheet of ice shrunk back into her feet. She never felt that warmth before. She quickly turned around, and there stood Flame. "Where were you?!?! I've been looking everywhere for you!!!" she shouted. "I-I-I.... Uh..... Nothing! Nowhere!" she said as she chuckled nervously. "Let's just, um, get to class". They walked to their first class, History. "I think I'll walk to my classes with you, so I don't have another breakout" said Blade, relieved that she had a friend to keep her on her feet.