0.1

❀ Kellin ❀

I for one, love reading. Its been my escape since I was a child, which is why
I work at a library. I mean, who wouldn't want to work at a place like this? There's books everywhere. Some which I've read and some which are dying to be opened to just explore its wonders and stories behind the hard and soft covers. I also like to help people out, I myself am a very shy person but it doesn't help to try and socialize. Not only have I loved reading, but I love helping others learn from other subjects. Hence why I also tutor after I'm done with being a librarian and to people my life may seem really boring but, I love the way I live.

Ever since I started tutoring there's more and more kids that end up coming to get tutored. Some, aren't very nice and some are. Some are really talkative and some are shy. But they do begin to cooperate after a bit which is good.

I finish stacking all the non fiction books on the shelf as I here the front door of the library open.

"Hello?" The unknown person spoke. Who's voice may I add was the perfect mix of a light yet raspy. I quickly make my way to the front desk as I look over and see a guy not much older than me with tan skin and dark brown hair, looking around curiously.

"Hi" I say in a shy voice, I still slightly dislike that I'm such an awkward person.

He quickly turns to me as he mumbles something under his breath. Looking up at me with a slight smile.

"Hey there, are you kellin?" He asked and to my surprise in a kind tone, I was only surprised because he didn't seem like the most "kind person" but of course that kind of information would never be shared with him.

I give him a small nod accompanied with a smile. "Yes I am, and you are..?" I stop and look over at him as I wait for an answer.

"Oh, right right. Um, I'm Vic" he says as he stuffs his hands into the front pockets of his jeans. I look at him with a confused look, looking over the list of kids I was supposed to tutor this week and I stumble over the name Victor Fuentes.

"Well, hi Vic. Or Victor- or however you would like to be called" I quickly stumble over my words as he chuckles.

"I prefer Vic. And hey, I'm supposed to be here for my tutoring session?- I'm not too sure why I'm here, my mom signed me up for this" he says and looks around for a bit. While I nod slowly and struggle to make myself speak.

"Oh- well, your mother has signed you up because you're struggling with school work. Am I right?" I speak in a soft tone as I look up at him with a slight smile and he nods softly, letting out a slight laugh as he looks at me.

"Yeah but- you don't look much younger than me. Do you by any chance go to the highschool not to far from here?" He asks in a curious yet amused way and I slightly nod my head.

"Yes, I do. I'm a junior" I quietly look down at the papers as I speak trying not to make eye contact with him.

"I see, well I'm a senior. It seems odd for a junior to be tutoring a senior, don't you think?" He asks yet another question, this guy sure loves asking questions. If you ask me, he's worse than a four year old boy asking his mom "why" every time she responds to his previous question.

"I uh- I guess so. But I mean I'm not as bad with school subjects as you probably think I am" I laugh softly and mentally curse at myself, hoping Vic didn't notice the slight hint of nervousness in that laugh.

He puts up his hands in defence as I look up at him with a smile. "Hey there I didn't mean to make it out to seem that way, it's just you are kinda younger than me." He chuckles and slightly fixes his posture as I glance at him.

"Mhm, sure Fuentes." I giggle. Giggle. What the fuck. Since when do I giggle?.

"Its true! Besides you seem pretty smart, no smart person can work at a library and not look smart. If- that even made sense." He laughs slightly and I look up at him once again with a small smile imprinted on my lips as he runs his somewhat thin fingers through his hair.

"It made perfect sense, besides what can I say. I really love this place it's a nice place to work at even if it pays a bit" I shrug softly and places a few papers in a neat stack besides the computer.

"It seems nice here and it smells better than I thought it would" He said as a chuckle slips through his lips and I raise an eyebrow in curiosity.

"How'd you think it'd smell, mmh?" I laugh slightly as he looks at me and he chuckles at my response.

"Well, I thought it'd smell like death and agony" His lips spread into a huge grin and looks straight at me, shaking my head as I smile.

"And how does it smell now that you've fully explored this place?" I asked and wait for him to answer, may I add in a more impatient manner and he crosses his arms as he looks up at me with a tiny smile.

"It smells like roses and a hint of peppermint, very appealing if you ask me Kells." He says as I feel my cheeks heat up at the nickname and I silently pray that I didn't look like a cherry, to my luck they were just as I described them. The reason I could tell was because of the devilish smile the older boys face held.

"Alright Mr.Fuentes, we now need to begin your tutoring session" I give him a small smile as I lead him to the tables that the old library held and set the appropriate books needed down, ready to begin the first lesson of today.

_________

Guys oh my gosh, okay so I'm starting a whole new book with a whole new plot and I'm so excited. The plot credit goes to my friend spxxkyjim (Katelynn) I'm really really excited for this book and I can't wait to see what the outcome is, lots of love.!

-Alex.