25 ➹ where they meet under mistletoe

A knock at his door was heard and Ashton smiled, his family had already been and gone as they had some activity planned, they had offered a chance for Ashton to go but he simply smiled and shook his head, stating he was with Luke again, his family didn't question it though, they were glad for him, especially since he know new that Luke liked him back.

Ashton opened the door, his grin wider as he saw the blond boy, beanie on his head and fringe peaking out, "come on in babe." ashton held the door open wider for the boy, who was holding a single present in his good hand and was red faced from the cold, amazingly it had actually managed to rain so the air was cold and so was luke.

"thanks, here's your present!" luke handed ashton the small box and ashton smiled, "let me go get yours, just wait here." luke got himself settled and just took in all the christmassy stuff surrounding the house, he then noticed the mistletoe hanging on the door frame that lead into the kitchen and quickly removed it, he doubted that ashton would notice it's absense anyway.

just as he had shoved the mistletoe into his pocket ashton walked back into the room and gave luke his present, that was around the same size as the one luke had given ashton, "you open yours first ashton." ashton nodded and luke was nervous, yet he had no idea why because he knew that ashton would love it, and even if he didn't he had become quite good at pretending.

as ashton removed the last bit of christmas wrapping his eyes widened and he let out a gasp, "shit luke! you-wow." ashton couldn't even speak so instead he pulled the taller boy in for a hug, pressing a small cheek to his head before grinning oh so wide, and pretty like, at the gift luke had gotten him, which happened to be two tickets for all time low, something ashton had been wanting since the news broke about the concert.

after ashton stopped going on about how much cooler the tickets were than the gift he had gotten luke, he allowed luke the chance to open the present without being interupted, and when he opened it, luke was in total awe, "where did you find this?!"

"it was in that second hand shop you never want to go in because the old ladies always try to grope you and what not, i knew how much you wanted it though because of the date so... yeah..." luke didn't even try to form words together, he just looked down at the shirt and started getting teary.

luke let out a teary laugh and ashton didn't think he'd ever seen someone get so emotional over a tee-shirt, but then he understood the sentimental value of it. both boys looked down at the good charlotte concert tee shit and luke's fingers ran along the dates on the back, "you even got the right date..."

"i knew it would mean a lot more to you if it had the correct dates." the value of the shirt was that it was the last concert luke had been to with his father before he had died, he had been searching for a shirt because at the time of the concert, when offered a chance to get it, he turned it down because he hadn't a clue of the future, but he had been searching for it forever and to know that ashton had been too had just made his heart burst.

instead of having a full on fit and crying, luke simply and pulled ashton in for a hug and instead of kissing his cheek, luke kissed ashton on the lips, just staying like that for a moment. when they eventually pulled away, both of them had the biggest grin on their faces, and luke's arm was in the air, which got ashton confused, "it's okay because it was under the mistletoe."

and maybe ashton laughed before pulling luke's lips back on his own.

finishing the perfect christmas season for the both of them.

----------

fear not! as promised i will be posting another chapter tomorrow because it'll still be christmas in some places and i wanted to add a bonus chapter (:

i hope you're all enjoying your christmas very much and to those who don't celebrate, i hope you had a fantastic day anyhow.

0 days until christmas