Eunhyuk - Super Junior - First Meetings

A/N:  This won’t be my best oneshot; sorry!!  If you want something else, or a re-do, just ask.

The crisp ocean air blew my brown curls into my face, tickling my cheeks and nose.  The breeze retained the salty moisture from the sea, making an otherwise stiflingly hot day much nicer.  However, my hair kept getting stuck in my pasta, which was becoming quite irritating.  No one was on the beach, so I pulled out my iPod shuffle to calm myself down with some good music.  My iPod landed on Wings by Daesung.  As I was bobbing my head to the rhythm of the song, I noticed a man approaching my table.  Great.  Now I’ll be told how noisy I am, and how I need to stop listening to k-pop.  Why does this always happen?  As he walked closer, I noticed wisps of bright red hair peeking out from under his hat.  His eyes were very large, and were studying the sand as he walked towards me.  A noodle stuck in my throat.  This was Eunhyuk, from Super Junior, or else his twin.  Whoever he was, he sat down on the bench opposite me.  At this point, I had no doubt it was Eunhyuk.  Who else would be so comfortable approaching someone who he didn’t know, and yet retaining a faintly nervous cuteness that somehow made you feel more comfortable?  Not that I did feel comfortable, but I at least felt calm enough to pretend like I was comfortable.

“You, like k-pop?”  His accent was quite strong.  I nodded, completely at a loss for words upon hearing my bias’ voice.  So much for looking comfortable.

“What groups do you like? From k-pop…”  His voice trailed off as I had a fit trying to get my hair out of my face and remove the pasta sauce from it.  Now he’ll think I’m a lunatic!  Good job, Minji.  At that moment, the song switched to A-Cha.  I blushed deeply.  Darn you, shuffle!  He won’t want to hear his OWN song.  I made to turn it off, but he smiled and shook his head, singing along very quietly.

“Well, I like EXO, and SHINee, but Super Junior is my favorite group, of course.”  I gestured towards him as I said his band’s name, letting him know that I knew who he was.  He flashed me a blinding smile.  I tried to smile back, but my face had taken a vacation and was ignoring all commands.  I covered my failed attempt up by shoving a forkful of pasta in my mouth.

“Who’s your favorite, your bias?”  That bite of pasta was huge.  I couldn’t speak with my mouth full of noodle parts in front of Eunhyuk, but I didn’t want to make him wait.  Goodness, I probably look like a cow, too.  This is just wonderful.  The one time I’ll talk to Eunhyuk, and I’m not even slightly attractive.  I closed my eyes, like a child trying to hide and thinking that if she can’t see you, you can’t see her.  At that moment, his hat flew off of his head, and as he ran to get it, I quickly swallowed my pasta, almost causing me to choke, and downed some water before he had turned around.  He was blushing, probably from running.  He put his hat in his pocket, and his hair blew up around his head like a red halo.

“Actually, you are my bias in Super Junior.”  He smiled again.

“Will you say why?  What you like about me?”  I swear, his accent could make me explode, but the way he looked at me was sure to.  I averted my eyes while I spoke, mainly so I could get through the explanation without turning bright red.

“Well, I think you’re a very good singer and dancer, of course, but I also really like your personality.  It just comes through in your singing, and… I suppose it makes me feel very comfortable.  I don’t think a lot of k-pop idols are as willing to be themselves in any situation, and that aspect of you gives me the strength to be myself in my everyday life as well, because if you can do it in front of millions, why shouldn’t I be able to in less important circumstances?”  I was completely breathless by the end of my speech, and had not succeeded in remaining a non-primary color.  If you can DO IT in front of millions??!  Could you be any more obvious in what you’re thinking about?