Chapter 1

Ethan groaned "Dad's calling, not again"

"It's probably important" Hannah stated

"Probably something related to his company"

Tyler and Hannah looked at him confusedly.

"His company"

"oh, yeah. Got it" Hannah said

Ethan went to aside to answer the phone. He never hated his dad. He just hates when his dad forces him to work for his company. He wanted to live his life to the fullest. He didn't want to work now. Not yet, though.

"I have to go guys" He groaned

"To your dad?"

"duh, you guys know me so well"

"We have been friends for like more than 10 years, so obviously we know you.." Hannah paused for a moment "and your dad and his company." Tyler chuckled at Hannah's reply

"okay okay I get it, guys, anyways see ya"

"Don't forget about tonight's party"

"Okay cool"

Ethan left the room.

"Does he even know who's party we are talking about?" Hannah asked,

"I don't know about that" Tyler replied chuckling

Ethan drove off to his dad's office. Mr. Hudson was his dad. He was one of the successful men in New York. He has everything, he only his son to work for his company.

" ugh," That's all that Ethan could think of while standing right in front of his father. All these files and so much work was never Ethan's thing. Ethan never decided what he wanted to do. He took biology in high school. He went to different museums whenever he could. His college major was graphic designing and he played sports in college. He wanted to be everything and everywhere at the same time. He didn't know what he wanted.

"So what do you think, son?" Mr. Hudson asked Ethan.

"Well...dad...your company is amazing. It's one of the top companies but..."

" but?"

"But you know dad" Ethan paused for a minute "I don't want to work in your company. I want something of my own"

Mr.Hudson sighed "Son this is not an answer"

"It is," Ethan stated.

"Not for me"

"but.."

"Son I want to see you successful and why do you wanna find a job outside when you can work here. You'll have everything here. You won't get rejected by people."

Ethan didn't say a word because he knew his dad is right, but he also didn't know how to make his dad understand.

"I'll think about it dad"

"I hope to get an answer soon."

Ethan nodded and left the office. He didn't want to work in this company. He just wanted to talk to his mom.

"I wish she was here"

Ethan's mom died when he was 2 years old. It was a car accident. His mom was coming back from work and a drunk driver hit her car so hard that it went upside down on the road. She died right on the spot. Mr. Hudson started dating Penelope, later. A year later, they had twins, Zoe, and Jackson.

Ethan always felt like his dad never loved his mom. he always wondered how could he move on so quickly. He still remember the night when he asked his dad

"Do you miss mom?"

"A lot"

"Than why?"

"life doesn't stop for anyone"

A tear fell down Ethan's cheek.

"Sometimes you have to" He paused for a minute "Sometimes you can have someone in your heart, not in your life. We have to move on, Ethan. We have to" He walked away after saying this. 

(Hey guys!! hope you are enjoying your day. Don 't forget to comment and vote)

Enjoy xoxo