Chapter 3: "Guts"

The radio cackled again before the voice returned. "Hey! You alive in there?" It called out. Rick stumbled over, hitting his head against a pipe as he did so. "Ha, loser." Tony mumbled, as he picked up the mic, "Hello? Hello." Rick said into it. "Oh there you are, you had me wondering." The voice said. Tony stood and crouched next to Rick, listening as well.

"Where are you? Outside?" Rick, somewhat desperately said into the mic. Tony looked down at the object as she slid the rubber band out of her hair and let it fall on her shoulders, "Can you see us?" Tony asked. "Yea, I can see both of you. You're surrounded by walkers, that's the bad news." He said. Tony grabbed the mic, "Oh really? I couldn't tell, it's not like we can hear the moaning and groaning coming from outside. Anyways, you got any good news." She said the first part sarcastically. "Um...no." The voice answered.

Rick took the mic from her, "Listen, I don't mind telling you, I'm a little concerned in here." The radio cackled a bit, "Oh man. You should see it from over here. You'd be having a major freak-out." The voice said, sounding a bit scared. "Got any advice for us?" Rick asked into the radio. "Yea, I'd say make a run for it."

Tony put her thumb and index finger under her chin, thinking about what he said. "That's it? 'Make a run for it'?" Rick asked, hoping he was kidding. "My ways not as dumb as it sounds, you've got eyes on the outside." The voice, obviously a man's, defended. "The walkers, they should be distracted by our horses." Tony added, remembering that both of them went down.

"Exactly! There's still one geek on the tank, nothing you two can't handle. With me so far?" The man through the radio asked, making sure that he wasn't wasting his breath. "Yea." Tony and Rick answered in sync. "Okay, the streets on the other side of the tank are less crowded. If you both move now, while they're distracted, you stand a chance. Got ammo?" He asked. "In that duffel bag, I dropped out there, and guns. Can I get to it?" Rick asked, making Tony's eyes go wide. "You dropped the bag?" She asked, wanting to make sure she heard him right. Rick nodded, and before Tony could tell him off about his stupidity, the guy from the radio interrupted, "Forget the bag okay? It's not an option. What do you have on you?" Tony checked the pistol she had gotten from the police station, mag full with 15 rounds. Checking on her arrows, because she shot 4 arrows, she had 26 left, and of course all her other weapons. She looked up to see Rick had found a grenade.

When he looked back at her, she signaled not to tell, since it could come in handy later. He nodded and returned to the radio, "I got a beretta, full clip, 15 rounds." He said. "I have 2, with 2 and a half clips." Tony notified, not mentioned her other weapons. "Make every shot count. Jump off the right side of the tank, keep going in that direction. There's an alley up the street, maybe 50 yards. Be there" The man spoke through the radio, finishing off the instructions. "Alright." Tony said, going to the top opening of the tank. "Hey, what's your name?" Rick asked, making Tony face-palm. "We're running out of time Rick." She said, pushing the latch open. "Listen to the girl! Now go!" The man said, making Rick nod, grabbing a shovel from inside the tank and hopping out, Tony following close behind.

When they were out, Rick hit the Walker that was still on the tank off, getting a nice slice in his face. He and Tony jumped off, Tony landing on her feet while Rick fell on impact. "There's no time for your laziness!" She said, grabbing his arm and helping him up. "I got back, you get front." Tony said, wielding her hatchets and immediately killing of two walkers as she brought them down on their heads. She heard Rick using his beretta. After Rick shot 12 bullets, she turned and saw him stop, holding his gun up to an open fence. "Whoa! Not dead!" The voice of the guy over the radio said, holding his hands up in defense.

Tony turned, killing another walker with a single swipe of both her hatchets, the turned back. "C'mon c'mon!!" The man said, as he started to run down the alley. Rick and Tony followed, "Back here!". Rick shot two of the walkers that were coming through the fence, letting Tony pass him. "Come on! Come on!" The guy shouted, starting to climb up the ladder. Tony followed right after him, hearing Rick shot down one more walker. The man looked down, past her and to Rick, "What're you doing?! Come on!!" He shouted, still climbing up. Rick climbed up just in time, missing the dozen walkers that just tried to grab him.