13.

The hospital lights were too white and Thomas felt sick. He walked from one wall to another in this long corridor, while Dylan was sitting on one of the white chairs and remained silent.

Thomas heard his moter arguing with a doctor from another corridor.

He was so worried. All his guests were poisoned, and Kaya his best friend in life danger. All because of him. Because someone hated him so much. Someone faceless. Thomas felt his tears coming.

„She will be fine," Dylan glanced at him.

„They all could die, and it was for me, the cake was for me!" shouted Thomas.

„Hey, hey, clam down, she will be fine," Dylan got up and hugged him.

„I hate this wold, they shoud finally kill me, befor someone I love gets hurt," Thomas sobbed in Dylan's shirt.

„Don't say things like that. I won't let anyone hurt you." Thomas felt the others strong hands around him lifting him up and holding him even if he had no strenght left.

„Boys, they will give us news soon, oh honey, Kaya will be fine," Mrs. Smith entered the corridor.

Thomas glanced at her and wiped his tears off.

Then the three of them sat down and waited. Hours passed and Thomas laid his head on Dylan's shoulder, their fingers were interwind, and they were holding hands.

„Mrs. Smith," a doctor came and Thomas jumed up.

„Kaya will be fine, she's weak, but she will wake up soon," said the doctor. "Unfortunatrly four others weren't so lucky, we couldn't do anything," he lowered his head.

„Who?" Thomas glanced at the doctor.

„Haylie, Nate, Chris, ad Walter," muttered the doctor. "I assume you knew them."

Thomas felt a hole opening in him. His friends, some he knew from childhood where gone. Whan it should be him.

„Honey. . . Do you have something for his nerves doctor?" Mrs. Smith asked the doctor.

„I don't want any painkillers, I want pain!" shouted Thomas.

„But honey," Mrs. Smith was pale.

„I want to see Kaya," he said.

„Her parents are with her now," whispered the doctor.

„I'll stay with her, take me there, she's my best friend!" Thomas felt anger.

The doctor sighed but lead him down the corridor to a door.

He opened it and Thomas saw Kaya lying on the bed. She was still ghostly pale and he hated it. Her parents looked at him with sorrow.

„I'll stay with her, may I?" asked Thomas.

„Sure, you're like family," Kaya's moter smiled weakly.

Tomas took a chair and sat opposite the parents next to Kaya's bed.

He grabbed her cold hand and held it listening to the machines running around her in the silence.

Kaya's parents stayed till three a.m., than they decided to go home and take a nap, and to come back in the early morning. Mrs. Smith went home, when Thomas told her he's staying. So he was left here in this white room. Dylan brought him water and a snack, and placed himself on a chair next to the wall. They waited in complete silence for Kaya to wake up. It was five and still dark outside when the door cracked and Zero walked in. Thomas shivered, when he saw her. She was wearing a long black coat and he could swear he saw a bigger gun, hidden under the coat.

„We must talk," she looked at him.

„What's up?" Dylan opened his eyes.

He was sleeping with his head against the wall.

„Stay here," Zero sent him a cold glance. „Thomas," she said.

Thomas got up. He let go of Kaya's hand and walked to the corridor. He closed the door behind him.

„You were lucky, but things are bad," said Zero stepping closer to him and lowering her voice.

„I know, four of my friends died, and my best friend is in pain," he felt anger.

„Your price got up," she said.

„What?" he blinked few times.

„Your price on the assassin's list got up. It's twenty two million now. Someone wants you dead, more than you can imagine," she whispered.

„I start to imagine," Thomas felt that his hands are sweaty and he's trembeling.

„Can you think of anyone, who hates you that much?" Zero looked him in the eyes.

„No, my ex girlfriend but no, it's not possible," he sighed.

„I'm looking for the person, that pays the money. It seemes to be a professional who doesn't leave traces," she said.

„Can't you apply for the job, and maybe catch him this way?" aksed Thomas.

„I tried but my application was rejeckted. This person knows I was hired to protect you," she lowered her voice even more. „It could be anyone, your friends, your mother, Dylan."

„I turst him," Thomas shivered. „It could be you too," he spat this words out.

„That's why the only person you can trust now, is you," she whispered the last words and stepped back. „I'm in the building, no worries," she turned around.

His gaze followed her till she disappeared behind the corner.

Than he walked back to Kaya's room and saw that Dylan sits on his chair and holds her hand.

„And?" Dylan glanced up at him. „Thomas what's wrong?" he jumed up and caressed his cheek.

"They will kill me," Thomas felt trears rolling down quickly. „They... they paying twenty two millions now, for me," he sobbed loud.

„Oh no," Dylan closed him in his strong hands. „I'm here, and as long as I'm here, they have to kill me first to get to you."

Thomas shivered. He sobbed harder and harder. Dylan was his everthing and he wouldn't be able to live if his boyfriend would get hurt. He remembered too good, when the killers fired to him on the theatre stairs and Dylan used his own body as a shield, to protect him.

______________________________________________________
Thank you for all the support and over 300 reads, this means so much to me :)
If you like this chapter leave some feedback.