Chapter One- Final Cry

The crumbled and never-so-busy Kinsman Road was filled with potholes after potholes after potholes and to be driving on this road in darkness is not something you'd want after a long day of work. Jason Benjamin Grayson, one of the cities Detectives was in his usual work attire. Black jeans and a white dress shirt with a black line going down the right of his chest and of course rolled black cuffs up to his elbows. Why wear this? Because it seemed to match with his tanned complexion and athletic build, anyone could agree to that. Jason combed his dark raven hair to the right and made sure he parted his hair well, "What a day." Jason sighed tiredly, he couldn't quite yawn but he was still eager to sleep. As the car shook from side to side and up to down, his younger sister at the young age of three could be heard crying in the back of his car, "Layla, come on now we're almost home." Jason spoke softly as he looked at her from his rear-view mirror, he gave a warm smile. He was of course given sister duty, and the ride home from her daycare was his least favourite part. Despite her few seconds of silence, she decided to cry again. "If you've filled your diaper already, then we've got a real situation you realise." Jason joked, this time taking his eyes off the road entirely. He turned over his right shoulder as the car continued to drive and faced his sister. With a playful smile, he tickled her sides, hoping to calm her playfully. "C'mon- what's the matter?" Jason asked as his laughter was overtaken from his sister's. Suddenly his sister's face turned grim at the sight behind him, she then began to cry again but just as she opened her mouth- a massive force crashed into the front of the car as if someone had hammered down their hood. The hood of their car had been smashed by some miraculous force, forcing them to flip and tumble in the air. "Layla!" Jason screamed reaching for her to prepare for their landing. Jason didn't have much time, they were about to hit into the ground and he had to move fast. He quickly attempted to unbuckle her belt, but being under pressure you'd be fidgety at the time. "Dammit- I can't!" He tore off his seat belt then leapt into the back seat with her and wrapped his arms around her, hoping for the best. At this moment, time seemed to walk slowly. Torturing Jason, forcing him to hope in frustration, forcing him to second guess, tearing at his mind like a piece of paper. And in that slow motion, he saw what had done this- a shadowed figure with a dark black aura. Jason then realised- " Layla.." Jason choked on his words, "I'm sorry-" Suddenly the car smashed into the ground, hood first back onto the road the car bounced from the road and tumbled to a fiery wreck.
Amongst the wreckage and fire, lay a curled body. That body was scarred and bloody, barely breathing and clinging onto a baby-seat. A cry was heard, a young baby's cry. And suddenly, the eyes of her saviour flickered open, "Layla.." He whispered as he slowly crawled back into life. The crying was slowly dying and with the combination of her coughs, it didn't look good, "No stay with me, Layla." Jason released the seat and pushed himself to his knees, he placed two fingers on her chest and pushed softly. "C'mon, Layla stay with me." Jason pushed a few times more, hoping for a reaction, then suddenly a cold and hard hand gripped his face as a strange sensation was felt in him, Jason gasped but he was then tossed a few feet off the ground and away. Jason's body rag-dolled onto the hard road, he then slid a few feet in the gravel letting his body scar ever more. Jason rolled onto his stomach, he then planted his palms into the gravel road. He was furious, filled with rage and with a murderous glare. He gripped at his chest and had a small coughing fit, after this he coughed out blood. "You.." Jason muttered as he wiped his mouth. He stared at the shadowed figure which stared down at his sister. "... You filthy conduit!-" Jason pushed himself to his feet staggeringly as he spat more blood to the side. "What has a three year old girl, done to someone like yourself?" He spat letting more blood escape his lips with every word, Jason's hands were in tight fists, his knuckles white and covered in his own blood- but what Jason didn't realise was that his fists were glowing a faint black aura. The shadowed figure remained silent. "Yeah you stay there.. I won't need an answer to kill you!" Jason ran at the shadowed murderer with all the energy in him, as he grew nearer and nearer the shadow's hands grew closer and closer to his sister, until finally. Layla made her final cry until the two suddenly disappeared- Jason tripped over from where they last were, rolling in the bloody gravel. Jason lay there, he just lay there. He was alone. All that was with him, was his sister's final cry. And just like his sister disappeared, so did his consciousness.