Chapter 1

Picture above is Lizzie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Eddy! The new lawnmower is here~!" Mrs. Darlings shouts from her master bedroom.

"Lizzie! Can you get the door, sweetheart? I'm kind of busy in the kitchen!" Mr. Darlings shouts back to me.

This always happens at the Darlings. Mom would ask Dad and Dad would ask me to do what he is told to do. I bet everyone who is an only child, like me could relate to me in this matter.

Hi. My name is Elizabeth Noelle Darlings. I am the only daughter to Edward Darlings and Esmeralda Darlings. I have always found it sweet that my cute little family's' name all starts with the letter "E". Whenever we return back to England to visit my grandparents and my aunties, uncles and cousins; they will always refer us as the "E" family. The "Joker" uncle, who always thinks his funny, would actually "joke" and refer us to the "enormous" or giant family.

My parents are the tallest among all their siblings. After their wedding, Mom gained a couple of pounds when she was having me. However after I was born, she lost back the weight before she return to work. My parents weren't only the tallest but also the best looking couple in the family. Dad has sexy emerald green eyes, shady brown haircut like the very handsome Pierce Brosnan and the most heart-stopping smile, while Mom has irresistible luminous dark blue eyes, thick ebony black hair that is envy to many women and beautiful fair skin.

My classmates literally call my parents the Greek gods, who fell from the great heavens to give them role models for them to follow and look up to.

Despite the fact that my parents are the Greek gods, I on the other hand am not as lucky. Sadly, the only assets that I inherited from the "Greek" parents of mine are; my Mom's ebony black hair, Dad's green eyes but a shade darker, thick lashes from both my parents and of course the height too; standing at 1.71cm tall. Well, Mom does say that I have Dad's heart-stopping smile but on the softer side. However, instead of having a sexy body like Mom or a fit body with abs like Dad; I am a little on the plum side.

When I was one years old, my parents had job offers in Los Angeles. My grandparents were happy for them but there was a price. They would only be allowed to go if I were to stay with them until I was 9. My parents were appalled. Nevertheless, they had no choice; the job offer was to great to decline.

Therefore, I stayed with my grandparents until I was 9 years old, and with the new raise; my parents visited me on every holiday. It's not like I blame my grandparents, I love them with all my heart. Yet, I have to say that it was partly their fault. While I was growing up, being their only granddaughter from their youngest son, they took care of me and fed me enough, well more than they should.

The chubby nine years old, English girl who transferred from England; well I stayed that way all through high school. Naturally, as I grew older I lose a couple of pounds and gain some and lose some again.

Therefore here I am, 20 years old, just started college and now walking towards the door for our new lawn mower. Why do lawnmowers come so early in the morning on a Saturday? I hope the new lawnmower was as nice as Pedro, our previous lawnmower; who had to quit because he was living for college in New York City. I liked Pedro, he was nice and quite an eye candy, but he was a good friend. I hope the new one is a nice guy too.

"Hi!" I open the door and for the first time I was actually face with a very broad chest instead of a face. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a bare chest, the chest was covered with a tight hugging white t-shirt.  I look up to the owner of the perfectly wide chest, which is a charm I find on guys very attractive. No surprise, to perfect the already perfect body of my dream man. The dream guy looks around my age; short black hair that popped out of his grey beanie; round brown eyes; slightly tan, flawless skin; tall nose; full, red lips; prominent Adams apple. Can such a guy exist in this 21st Century?