Chapter Seven

Thank you so much for your patience, sorry it took me so long to update this story. I hope you enjoy, love you all! :)

**************************************

Arie's P.O.V

My jaw dropped as I stared at the so-called "activity" we were called in to participate.

We were standing in a polished, spacious dance studio, decked with mirrors stretching across all four walls. It was so huge that even our amazed breaths began to echo.

I looked at Dax with suspicious curiosity.

"What are we doing here?"

He gave me a mistrustful look, his mouth curling up into a mocking smirk.

"I think I should be asking you that, princess. After all, you're in cahoots with them."

My heart dropped into my stomach, as my eyes widened in surprise.

What the--? How did he know?

Anxiety ripped through my gut, making me feel as if I could puke at any moment.

How much does he know?

Just as my mouth opened to ask the burning questions in my mind, Dr. Reynolds walked into the studio, her presence demanding utter silence.

It was unnerving--the way her mere presence could stifle your thoughts and movements, how her eyes calculated every inch of you and the surrounding environment, the cold mask covering any shred of humanity in her.

Is that what I looked like?

I've never seen another psychologist look so cold and dark as her. So...inhuman.

"Well, I can see that both of you are thoroughly confused," she pointed out, clapping her hands together. It sounded like a gun shot, as the violent smack ricocheted throughout the room.

She walked closer, her black pumps clacking across the wooden, polished floor. Her black, crisp blazer was buttoned tightly, her white blouse only peeking slightly. Her matching black slacks were ironed to obsessive perfection, similar to the perfect, hair sprayed up-do she was sporting on her head.

She reeked of artificial superiority.

"What are we doing here?" Dax's throaty grumble sounded throughout the room.

A glimmer sparkled in Dr. Reynolds' eyes.

"Welcome to your second home," she said, her arms motioning to the spacious area around us.

Confusion gripped me.

"Wait, I don't get it," I responded baffled. "What do you mean by second home?"

She stepped closer to us, her smile too wide, too bright for anything that she was about to say to be good.

"Since neither of you participate in our therapeutic sessions, I've come up with a new way for you two to express your emotions."

I cast a quick glance over at Dax's suspicious figure, his arms crossed and face pinched into a brooding expression.

Don't you need emotions in order to express them?

"What exactly do you mean by 'express our emotions'?"

Her ice cold eyes turned to stare into mine directly. It felt as if I was suddenly downed with freezing water. I swear I could hear my own bones rattle.