Projects, Awards and Avery's

I woke up the next morning when my head was bobbing up and down in time with Jackson's breathing. The warmth from him kept me in the in between period of my sleep and helped me stay in the moment. My ear rested over his heart, our legs intertwined, my right arm flung over his bare torso and he has a protective arm around me.

Ever since the stabbing Jackson had been over protective, walking me home each night, going down to the ER when I got paged, all the boyfriend things but more protective.

I was lost in my thoughts and day dreams when a loud piercing noise broke the silence of the room. I moved the arm that was over Jackson and hit the snooze button.

"Jackson-" I laid a soft peck on his lips as I flung the covers off of us. "You have to get up now." I sit on the side of the bed pulling on some clean clothes and shaking him at the same time.

I had pulled on my underwear and a clean pair of jeans when an arm came from behind and pulled me back into his embrace. I let out a slight squeal as he pulled me in tighter and began to tickle me.

"Jackson-" I say in between laughs "Jackson... Jackson stop!" I laugh as he stops rolling me onto my back and he hovers above me looking directly into my eyes as I wipe tears from my eyes from laughing so hard.

"Morning..." He whispers, his voice still husky as the sleep lingers at the back of his throat. He plants a soft kiss on my thin lips with his warm ones that I gladly return.

When I need air I pull away and look up at him. "Morning you..." I peck his lips again and skilfully roll off of the bed and pull on a clean shirt.

"You could have at least stayed in bed a bit longer!" He says pouting, whilst he steps off of the bed and moves to stand in front of me blocking my way to the door.

"Yes but I do have to be at the hospital early-" I was half way through my sentence when his hand moved to the back of my head grabbing a clump of my hair and pulled me in for a deep passionate kiss.

Our lips and tongues danced perfectly together as the kiss grew deeper and I snaked my arms around his neck. The need for oxygen must have overcome him as he pulled away from our kiss.

"Still want to go to the hospital?" He asked as he played with the hem of my shirt. I can't form any words after that searing kiss, so I just smile and shake my head no at him. He instantly rips my shirt back off and tosses it on the floor as he latched his lips on to mine.

It was about 9:30 before I got to the hospital in the end and that was only because I was paged. I dealt with the page and then went and sat in the attending's lounge for a bit.

When I opened the door Callie was sat on the sofa, by herself on the phone screaming at someone in Spanish.

I walked in grabbing a bottle of water from the little fridge and sat in one of the arm chairs that was at a diagonal to the sofa trying not to listen. I don't know why I was so conscious about not listening I didn't understand a bloody word of it but that wasn't the point. I picked up an old medical magazine that had Derek's face on the front of it and started to read about this clinical trial.

"Sin papá es mi elección" I heard her shout down the phone as she shot up out of the chair.

"así que no me importa papá dejé de nuevo y soy feliz así que por qué no puedes ser feliz para mí" she shouted louder than before and hung up the phone dramatically and threw it at the chair I was sat in as she didn't realise I was there.

"Hey Torres-" I said quietly as I placed the magazine and her phone on the coffee table "You alright?"

"Yeah... Yeah I'm good. I think... Oh god I don't don't know-" she put her head in her hands and then flung her whole body back into the chair.