7.

The first thing Louis did when he blearily opened his eyes the next morning was groan and roll over. The second thing he did was sit up so quickly that he was surprised he didn’t strain his neck or something and make a grab for the phone he’d left sitting innocently on the table right beside his bed. It was 7.30 – hardly an unreasonable time to be awake, on a school day. He sent a text bouncing off to Harry before he could let himself think about sending it.

Morning! :)

He got a reply almost instantly, like Harry had been waiting for the message.

Hey! Morning! :)

:) How are you feeling?

What day is it?

Monday.

In that case, terrible.

Louis laughed out loud.

I was thinking.

Careful, don’t hurt yourself.

He snorted with laughter; by the looks of it, Harry was sarcastic almost to the point of being obnoxious.

I’ll try. I have a bucket of water ready, just in case my head catches fire. But I was wondering if you’d thought any more…about last night?

Well, it was never exactly far from my mind…what about you?

Never stopped.

And? Good, or not good?

Definitely good as far as the experience itself went…as to how I’m going to deal with it, I’ll opt ‘not good’ for that one. I’m confused. Not about you, strangely enough. That part’s clear. I just don’t know if you’re the exception or the rule when it comes to what I like.

One step at a time. It doesn’t really matter just yet what your preferences are, not really. You just have to figure out what feels right for you. It was never going to be an overnight thing.

Yeah…

Am I going to see you today?

Yes!

Louis realized that he’d responded far too quickly and failed to think about what he was saying the moment he’d sent the excited message back, but it wasn’t because he was embarrassed to sound too eager that he wished he could take it back; it was because now he thought about it, the idea was attractive but the logistics would prove a little trickier to negotiate.

Sounds good to me. After school?

If only. I’m at remedial Chemistry – they decided my scientific prowess was so abysmal that I have to go to extra classes every Monday to try and improve me. It doesn’t work, but they don’t give up.

Can’t you skip it? Just this once? Or don’t you break rules? Are you too much of a model student?

Ha. I’d skip it if I could. Chemistry is my last class – I never even leave my seat between the first hour of compulsory hell and the next hour of not-so-compulsory hell. No chance of escape.

Damn. Leave it with me. I’ll think of something. Hey, listen, I’d talk all day, but I’m running late – I’m not even dressed yet, mum’s gonna freak. Either I miss the bus or I go to school without eyeliner on. It’s a no-brainer tbh.

Louis rolled his eyes.

Yes, I’m sure you’d never make it out alive without an abundance of eye make-up on.