Chapter 1

Hey. I'm Isabel, a lovely blonde haired girl with beautiful blue eyes. At least that's what people say about me. Sure, I do love myself but I have my flaws. For example, I stole a whole cash register. I would have made it out, except the fact that coins jingle when you move them.. Oops?

That's how I ended up in Camp Greenlake. Here's how the story goes...

~~~~~~~~

I looked outside the window. It didn't look much like a lake to me. Camp Green Lake. Camp Green Lake. I kept repeating the name over and over in my head trying to understand why it was so dry if it was named 'Camp Green Lake'. I felt a bump in the dirt road and we came to a stop. The guard sitting at the front of the bus got up and dragged me out. "Follow me. And don't try anything." he said, taking me by my arm. He pulled me inside of an office, a nice one, too. A man turned around from the chair. He wasn't the prettiest.. eek. "Welcome. I'm Mr. Sir. Whenever you address me you will call me by my name. Understood?" "Yup." I said, trying to understand what he was saying, as he was talking very quickly. "Each day you are to dig one hole, 5 feet deep, 5 feet wide. You will get 2 sets of clothes, one is for your work, etc." He explained. I could tell he was tired of going over the same thing. I just nodded. Then, another man walked in and addressed himself as 'Dr. Pendanski'. I said hello, and he guided me towards a tent, showing me around very quickly. "This is the D-Tent." he said as we entered. "That's Rex, Alan, Rickey, Theodore, Zero, Stanley, and José." He pointed to everyone. I just agreed. "Everyone, meet Isabelle." he told them. Everyone just walked away like they didn't care, except for Stanley, Rickey and Alan. They shook my hand and I smiled. Alan came up to me and kissed my hand. "A pretty lil' thing like you had to do somethin' pretty bad to get in here. The name's Squid." he said, winking. "Yo, Mom, the name's X-ray." Rex said. Or, should I say... 'X-ray'. He told me all of their nicknames and now I can understand who is who.

~~~~ The Next Day ~~~~

I woke up at 4:30 in the morning. Someone punched my shoulder. "Hey, you. Get up, don't want to be late for your first hole." Zigzag said. When I got out of bed, I put on my orange suit and walked out the door sleepily. I took a piece of honey tortilla and a shovel. I've dug holes before, but not this big. I was surprised at how quickly I finished, right after Zero. And it was my first hole. But, nonetheless, my hands were SO painful. There were bloody blisters EVERYWHERE, and they hurt to move. By the time I was finished, I could barely move them.

"How did you finish so quickly?" X-ray asked me as I walked back to camp. "I don't know. I just... did." I replied, trying to figure out how I did. "Well, it was a miracle. Because tomorrow it ain't gonna be easy."

I stripped off all my clothes until it was down to my bikini. I hopped in the showers quickly, washing out my long, blonde hair. I only got the shower for four minutes. After I hopped out, I noticed the guys talking inside of the tent. As I returned, I quietly listened. Everyone always said I was sneaky and could get away with almost anything, and it was true. I snuck inside and sat on my cot. The rest of the guys didn't notice me, but I heard what they were saying. "Why is there a girl here?" Magnet asked. "I don't know, but she's kinda hot." Zigzag said, wide eyes and smiling. His wild blue eyes seemed to be charged with electricity. I blushed. "Holy shit! When did you get here?!" Armpit exclaimed, finally noticing me. "Yea, you're like so sneaky." Magnet said, in his accent. "I think she looks like a Sly to me."

And that's how I got my nickname. Sly.