five.

« « i wanna hold hands with you / but that's all i wanna do right now » »
talk me down ;; troye sivan

Arriving at the Avengers Tower was both awkward and tedious. Awkward because everyone could sense I was angry, and tedious because everyone was dismissing my absence like it was nothing.

As for my brother, he got in trouble with his own team for leaving them stranded out on a planet. He left me a video message, but I didn't have time to put myself through something like that.

I did my best to avoid Steve, hanging around Pietro and getting to know Wanda more in order to keep him away.

Once we finally landed, I led the twins into the tower.

"You guys could use some fresh clothing," I said, going straight to the elevator to get to the level that held my bedroom. "Wanda, you can borrow something of mine, and I've got stuff of Steve's that you could probably fit into, Speedy."

The doors to the elevator opened, allowing me to continue down through the lounge and down the corridor. I open the door to my bedroom, making a beeline to my closet.

I sift through the shelves, pulling out a pair of old joggers and a blue tee shirt that Steve left in my bedroom. Most of it I stole, actually. But what can I say? Oversized clothing makes me feel extremely comfortable and relaxed, and we're good enough friends so that having his clothes isn't weird. At least, if the team actually knew I have them, they would think that.

I walk back into my bedroom, handing Pietro the clothes. "There's a bathroom right down the hall, last door to the right."

After he exited the room and clicked the door shut, I went looking for clothes for Wanda. She seemed to like the shade of red a lot, so I tried to look for things like that. I pulled out a maroon long-sleeved shirt, a black jacket, and a pair of black sweatpants.

"These should be comfortable," I said, handing her the clothes. "I'll just step out, and you can get changed. When you're done, just use the elevator to go up to the main level."

Before I could walk out of my bedroom, Wanda stopped me.

"What do you feel for my brother?" she asked, her voice echoing inside my mind.

Without turning around, I reply, "you're already in my head, feel free to have a look around."

I then shut the door, smiling slightly. The rest of the team may not trust the twins, but I do. I've been inside their minds, I know their past and their intentions.

I turn, almost running into Pietro, who stood only a few centimeters in front of me. The shirt hung off of his shoulders, obviously too big for him, but the joggers were tied tightly so that they would stay on his hips. I almost laughed at the sight. The clothes were way too baggy, but I thought he looked cute, so there was no way I would lend him anything else.

"Stop laughing at me," Pietro whined, embarrassed as I continued to try and stop my laughter, but failed miserably.

"I-I'm not laughing," I spluttered out, grinning widely. "I think it looks fine."

At that, the laughter was building up too much and it all came out. It was short-lived, though, when Pietro's hand was placed over my mouth and he pulled me into the room next to us with his speed.

He shushed me, his index finger over my lips as a playful smirk danced across his features.

"What?" I asked, using my telepathy to communicate with him.