Chapter 12

I didn't wake up in the morning. I was to tired to. Sarah came out at 7 o'clock to let us out to graze. I guess I wasn't awake at that time. I'm also quite warm and snug in my stable. I breathed slowly. I listened to the birds while asleep. Them stupid birds. I'm trying to sleep. I hear a loud, irritating bang! I'm trying to get some rest, Sean. That's when I noticed it's not Sean. I get up quietly and I walk to the door. I look out a little bit. I see Leona! She has a saddle and bridle. ''See ya, Leona! Sean and I are going to get some feed!''. Sarah shouts. ''Yeah, that's grand! I'll keep an eye on the place!''. Leona answers loudly. She stays silent. Once the Range Rover was out of sight, she went into Sir's stable. ''Hi boy, I'm sorry I haven't been riding you in a long time''. She says to him quietly. She puts on a racing saddle! She sticks the bridle on him and goes out. Sir is quite a big horse without a rug on. She hops on him. I have to see where she's going with him. Once they were out of sight, I used Muffin's way of getting out of a stable. I used my lips to curl the end of the latch and I pulled up. I'm out! It worked. I walk slowly to see where they went. I look around the corner. Oh My God! I see Leona cantering Sir, on the racecourse. I see her come down to the finishing stretch. She lets Sir gallop full speed. He stretched his legs as far as he could. He pushed with all the energy left. For an old horse, he can really run. I see them pass the finish line. Leona stands in the saddle. I can hear her telling Sir to slow down. He obeys, he comes from canter, to trot, to a walk. I never seen it. All this time, I've been here, I was never told this. They're coming! I run back to my stable. I close it shut and I stand there with my head out. I see them walk in. I quickly bring my head back in. ''You still got a flat racer in ya, boy!''. Leona says cheerfully. O hear the clitter clatter of the of the saddle and bridle. I hear her put on his rug. The two of them walk out to the field where the other horses are grazing. I stick my head out of the door. I wait for Leona to come back. I can't believe I've just seen that. Flat racer. He is a flat racer. You can see it. The way he runs. He runs with a long gallop. I see Leona come in. I snort for attention. ''Hey, you still in here?''. She says happily. She grabs my headcollar and secures it. She leads me out of the stable. She takes my rug off. ''It's quite sunny, Scooter''. She says. I'm lead to the front field. Leona opens the gate and unclips the leadrope. She opens the gate more. I stand waiting for permission. ''Go on''. She says. I jump into the field dancing and prancing. I go down for a roll. It feels good. The grass rubbing of my back. I get up and trot down to Glic and Sammy. 'Guys! Did you see that! He was galloping. He was like thunder. A steam train. Did you see it?''. I say fast. Sammy and Glic finish their mouthfuls of grass. ''Nope''. Sammy says. ''No, Scooter. It couldn't have been him anyways!''. She says surprised. ''It was him!''. I say. ''Keep it down Scooter. Don't attract any attention!''. Glic says disappointed. ''Sorry Glic''. I say sadly. I walk to where Cara is. ''Hey''. She says friendly. ''Hi''. I say back. ''You're right, Scooter''. She says. I look at her confused. ''He is a racer. A flat racer. He won the Kentucky Derby in America''. She says sadly. ''You know?''. I say surprised.''I can't tell you though''. She says flatly. ''Why not?''. I say confused. ''We made a deal, when he had his accident''. She says. She turns back to continue grazing. What's going on. I'll leave it behind anyway. I'll have to ask him myself. If I ever get talking to him. I go back to Sammy and Glic. I start to graze.

I look over at Sir. I look at him carefully. He walks with a lot of power. A race horse does have a powerful walk. He has such a long stride. I must ask him about that. How can I get a long stride? I stare at him for a few minutes. He's definitely a racehorse. I didn't notice that before. He looks up and and he looks at his surroundings. He looks over at the Range Rover that is driving through the gates. Sarah's back. I'm still staring at him. He looks over at me. Crap! I do something very stupid. I just fall to the ground. I was on all fours and I just fall to my side. Like a door when they fall. I hit the hard ground with a thud. I noticed he looked away. Ouch! That hurt and that was close. Glic walks up to me.''Scooter, are you alright?''. She asks worryingly. Think Scooter, think! ''Eh.... Yeah.... I'm just...... Tired! Ya know what I mean?''. I say hoping she did know what I meant. ''Well... Yeah I guess''. She says confused and walks back to her grazing spot. I stay lying down for a half hour. Taking in the sun. I get up and I walk to Glic and Sammy. I start to graze with them. I enjoy the rest of my day with them.

--------------------------------------
Hey guys hope you enjoyed the chapter.
See ya's in the next one.😄😄😄