Isolation

"I don't understand why you have to be so damn difficult Bean!! First off, you've been doing drugs. I can tell just by looking at you. And secondly, you won't do anything around this house!"

I narrowed my eyes, glaring at her.

"Well, if you weren't so busy fucking that woman abuser, and actually act like you care, maybe i'd have turned out to be the perfect little doll you always wanted!

Her eyes widened at my words, not moving.

"You know, one of your problems is hanging out with that Cobain kid.."

My face grew heated, anger coursing through me.

"Or, it's the complete opposite.. He's not a problem. He's my escape! From you! From this.. hell I'm stuck in! You know what.. whatever.. nevermind. I'm leaving.."

She looked at me, her eyes lowering to the ground, making me sigh, walking out the door, slamming it shut.

If only Kurt would actually talk to me... He's been holed up in his new basement room. From his family. From me. From the world..

I've called over there several times, only to get Jenny on the phone, telling me she couldn't get him to come up.

I even went over once, knocking on the window to the basement, but he wouldn't answer.

I heard him though, listening to records.

I sat outside the window for a while, nodding my head to the beats of the songs, tears softly running down my cheeks.

Like now.

I sighed, continuing to walk where my feet always take me when I'm like this.

To Kurt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Kurt! Please... could you at least talk to me through the glass.. please.."

I've been sitting outside his window for 10 minutes, knocking, talking, and nothing. Not a word out of him.

I laid my back against the house, next to the window, looking up at the sky, seeing the sun lowering, the stars starting to appear, my eyes softly closing, looking into nothing but darkness.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My eyes softly fluttered open, feeling someone gently shaking my arm.

I looked up, seeing Kurt lowered in front of me, my eyes instantly springing open, jumping on him, knocking him onto his back.

"Oh my gosh! Cobain, I outta kick your ass! Do you know what the hell you've been doing to me?? I was worried fucking sick about you.."

I hit his chest, him only looking at me, a blank look on his face, making me even madder.

"Really Cobain... I've missed you, your voice. Those damn eyes.. The fuck Kurt?"

He looked at me, gently running his hand up and down my back.

"I'm sorry Bean... I just.. I didn't know what to say. Shits been happening here. I'm sick of the shit. I don't ever leave my room. I can't. I can't face those people. I can tell they don't want me..."

I slowly got off of him, looking at him.

"Why didn't you call me? You could have been staying with me this whole time... We would have figured something out. I mean sure, my house isn't any better, but still.. I'd want you."

He sat up, looking at me. I could see the anger, the sadness, lingering there in his eyes.

It killed me...

"I don't know what I want Bean. Nothing feels right anymore.."

I sighed, laying back up against the house, shaking my head.

"I know. Nothing's right anymore. It hasn't been.."

He crawled over towards me, sitting down next to me, looking at me.

"I shouldn't have ignored you. I'm sorry..."

I gently took his hand in mine, looking at him.

"It's fine. To be honest, I haven't done shit either but stay in my room most the time. I just don't feel like doing anything anymore."

I looked up at the sky, tears filling my eyes.

"I just.. I don't want to lose you Kurt. I was super worried.. I didn't.. I didn't know what was happening..."

He wrapped his arms around me, gently pulling me to him.

I laid my head on his shoulder, lacing my arms around his waist.

I looked up at Kurt, a faraway look on his face.

I swear, we're just two broken teens with broken souls, doomed from the start..