Always by your side...

"I let you have the bigger truck because I wanted you to like me" Scott says with a laugh, Stiles chuckling at the comment.
"Well...it worked" he replies and the two start laughing again, thinking back on the day they met.
Five year olds in the sandpit, playing trucks with each other and forming a life long bond.

Stiles caught his breath again before happily stuffing a Reeses piece in his mouth.
"I miss that....now it's all Werewolves and monsters and death and..." Scott starts but trails off. Stiles looks up at him with sad eyes before smiling again.
"Well...ya got me to help through it!" He says with a mouthful of peanut butter chocolate. Scott laughs and covers his eyes.
"Oh dude don't talk with food in your mouth! I don't wanna see that!" He says through laughter and Stiles just grins.
"Whaaat, I wanted to cheer you up...couldn't wait until I'd finished eating okay?" He says after swallowing the mouthful. Scott just shakes his head at his best friend.
"Sure it couldn't" he retorts, his smile fading while getting up from the table.
Stiles is quick to follow him, walking up stairs right behind Scott.
"Hey...Scott listen...it's going to be alright, okay?" He says, putting a hand on Scott's shoulder.
Scott turns to face him, eyes watery and threatening to spill.
"How can you be so sure Stiles?! How can you know?! This is bigger than us Stiles! We're talking professional killers who are out to get us and our friends." He shouts, tears sliding down his face as he sinks to the floor of his room.
"I'm supposed to be the true alpha...I'm supposed to protect everyone...protect my pack...but I can't Stiles! I can barely protect myself!" He adds, voice cracking with the words.

Stiles crouches down to his level and puts a hand on his shoulder.
"Scott...I know you want to protect everyone...but you can't! I mean...no one can do that! No one person...or even werewolf, can protect EVERYONE!
It's just not possible. Not alone.
That's why you have a pack Scott. That's why we're all here for you! To help! So what if there's professional killers, nothing we haven't faced before!
Scott I'm always going to be here for you. No matter what comes.
Werewolves, Hunters, Kanima's, Banshees, Were-Coyotes, Kitsunes, Dread Doctors, Demon wolves.
I'm still here Scott. I always will be.
We can do this. Together." he says earning a small smile from the boy in front of him.
"You're right.." Scott says, barely above a whisper.

Stiles POV:

...that was what..like...four? Five?...wait no Six actually...
Six months ago...

Six months ago I was still by his side...
Six months ago...he left mine...