Chapter 32: Eyes

Laura

Okay, maybe I overreacted, Laura thought, as Ross ended the call. Her face softened as she sighed. But he knew how tired I was, she thought again.

Then again, it was Ross. He had always done this so Laura should be used to it. She felt less sleepy than just now so she unlocked her phone and went to her social media accounts.

We look so real, she said to herself as she scrolled through the pictures from today and the past few days. She smiled a bit, it was better with Ross than someone else because she could be comfortable around him. A few minutes passed of her checking her twitter account, then she was out.

-

These are the times where their producers give the Austin and Ally cast a week time off and Laura would not know what to do. The past weeks had been so tiring. Laura had never been that tired before. She only ate breakfast and some times she missed lunch. Most of the time, she skipped dinner because they would reach home around one or two in the morning and she would be too tired to stand up.

Although in the car on the way to venues, she and Ross stuffed their faces in snacks their managers bought. But it was unhealthy so that did not really count for Laura.

She used to be good at cooking. But ever since she had been an actress, it would always be her mom's cooking or eating food from a restaurant. It was almost twelve in the afternoon when she found herself alone in the house. She went down and looked around the kitchen for some ingredients on what should she make.

She literally forgot what to do. She tried her best to remember how to make a certain food using the available ingredients she had, but none came. Sighing, she stood up and went to take the bread and jam then she made around five pieces of bread. "That should be enough," she said to herself.

She went to the living room and placed the plate on the table. She sat on the couch and tried to make herself in a comfortable sitting position. She stared at the television screen which had not been switched on yet. She had to blink twice to realize that she was jobless. She groaned - she had been wanting this rest for god knew how long already and now she had the chance but she had nothing to entertain herself.

Maybe I should go out with some friends, she thought. But sitting in the satisfied position, she was too lazy to get up already - although she could not go back to sleep. "This is so unhealthy," she muttered, looking around her and slowly biting her bread made with love (pft, narcissistic much - just kidding). She felt better eating her food though as she finally turned on the television.

Ross

"Ross, are you sure you're not really dating?" Rocky teased, shoving a picture of Ross and Laura in front of the blonde-haired's face. Ross glared at him.

"We're not dating, okay," he stated bluntly. Rocky hummed in a teasing manner, and Ross felt him wiggling his eyebrows from the corner of his eyes.

"Riker, help me!" Ross whined as Rocky moved closer to him and showed him more pictures of Raura.

Riker shrugged. "I agree with Rocky," he said. Ross rolled his eyes. "I mean, both of you look good together." He paused. "I'm quite jealous, Ross. You're dating such a wonderful girl," he chuckled.

Ross groaned. "Date her, then. She's not mine," he said. Riker took his eyes from his phone and eyed Ross suspiciously.

"You sure?" Riker raised an eyebrow. Ross nodded weakly, tired from all the mocking from his siblings. "The last time I checked," he turned his eyes back to his phone. "You were desperate for Laurie." He smirked.

Ross gasped. Rocky bursted out laughing. "L-Laurie?" he said in between laughter. "Really, Ross?" he grinned, tilting his head to face Ross.

Ross groaned. "I came here to have a good time and play video games but you guys had to ruin it!" he complained.

"So we were saying the truth?" Riker said. "You wouldn't be whining like this if we were spreading lies." Ross took a cushion from the couch of the living room and threw it at Riker, who laughed instead.

"Yeah! What he sai--" Rocky couldn't finish his sentence because Ross threw an exact same object at him, too.

A/N:

i was so bored so i wrote this boring chapter. i was planning to write 1k+ words but it ended up being less than 800 hahah. i wanted to seperate the chapter to move on to the next day so this wouldn't be really long.

anyways, i changed the cover of the story. if you've been here from the start, you can tell i'm a lazy person. i was about to edit a nice cover. but i got lazy so it ended up being suckish and simple.