AFTER THE STORM

• STARRING •
Haymitch Abernathy
Effie Trinket

— • —

Effie Trinket; she was the embodiment of the Capitol, everything the Districts despised with her frivolous couture, decorative wigs and her afflicted accent mocked by the masses. Effie was an outcast from the people she grew up among and an outcast among those she sought political refuge amid.

To everyone around her she was a freak, a decorative pawn in the games of war but to Haymitch Abernathy of District Twelve, Effie Trinket was the closest friend he never asked for. Although after the storm, when the war is only a bitter memory he realises that his impromptu friend shouldn't turn into a stranger.

(summary is a work in progress)

— • —

[Author's Note]

• This book will contain Mockingjay Spoilers!

• As much as I prefer the books, I'm basing this fic off the Mockingjay movies. As much as the movies'  differences irk me, my precious bbys became canon! (as well as certain events occurring that would make this fic easier to write).

• This is a Hayffie fan fiction! If you're looking for everlark or everthorne you're in the wrong place. I guess Katniss' relationships will kinda be background noise as the plot unfolds but if you want a fic based solely around them, then you're in the wrong place.

• This is my first multi chapter hayffie fic and my second body of work about them since I wrote Stay Alive two years ago (i can't believe life has gone that fast!) so it may take a few chapters for me to totally embody their characterisation.

copyright © teddii [warpdrive] 2016