#2. Two

I boarded the plane, and the smell of the airplane seats and crisp air, that had become so familiar to me over the past month and a half, was everywhere. I trudged to my seat and plopped down, exsaustion washing over me. I expected it though, the tiredness. I'd been doing so much lately, it was only natural that it would be taken out on my body. Only a month left, though, and I wouldn't be tired anymore.

I closed my eyes and thought about Justin. God, he was beautiful; his personality and looks. If I wasn't under these circumstances, I'd definitely go for him. We'd gotten along so well in such a short amount of time.

I felt like I missed him, or rather, what could have been. I smiled though, at having met him before this whole experience was over.

In my memory, I shamelessly went over the details of his face. The way his lips curved, his jaw was set, and our twin eyes. I remembered the way he smelled - a sweet but suttle cologne. His voice, "Oh, sorry."

My eyes snapped open. His voice. I looked around the plane frantically, both hoping that I had imagined it, and that it was reality. My mind was twisted for the seconds - that felt like hours - that I searched the plane for him. It wasn't until I twisted around in my seat that I saw him. He was changed into jeans and a sweater; comfy, plane clothes. His hands were stretched above his head as he pushed his luggage into the over head compartment.

At first, my heart sunk at the sight of him - overjoyed. But then, reality kicked in, and I wanted to kill him. Didn't I tell him I needed to do this alone? Why would he insist like this? He really didn't understand how serious I was. This was a solo mission, for all the right reasons.

"Justin!" I hissed, through cleanched teeth.

His head snapped towards me, first with a huge grin plastered across his face, and then when he registered my anger, it dropped. He looked, to my satisfaction, quite frightened.

"Get over here!" I hissed again.

He bit his lip and walked over to me, "Hey Sophia."

I shook my head, "Justin. I told you, you couldn't come. I have my reasons. I have to do this by myself."

Justin sighed, "Sophia, I've always wanted to go to New Zealand. I want to get to know you. This is the perfect oppertunity for both of these things."

I sighed in frustration, "Yes, but Justin, you can't come. You can't hang around me. You can't get to know me."

Justin's expressions started to cloud with frustration, "Why the hell not, Sophia?"

I clenched my jaw, "Beacause!" I exclaimed. I couldn't give him a better reason than that. There was nothing else I could say. I had my reasons, but he couldn't know them. I wouldn't let him know them.

"Well, I'm going to New Zealand, no matter what you say, but its up to you whether or not we spend time together, alright?" Justin asked, clearly wanted to end this little mini fight.

I sighed, "Whatever. Don't sit next to me on the plane."

Justin just rolled his eyes and walked back to his seat. I crossed my arms and huffed. This was the first time in the entire trip that I was feeling anything except for happiness, and the occasional lonliness. Justin was ruining everything.

I didn't take my family with me, I didn't take my closest friends with me, I didn't even take my pup, Pip. Pip used to go with me to every country I travelled to. But I didn't take anyone, because they are just weight. Weight that I'd have to carry with me on my journey. I had to do this by myself. But, persistent Justin was determined to be my new piece of luggage.