15. On the run

Summer was dead. Really dead. I had just killed somebody. Somebody's mate. Damian's mate. Fuck.
Now I really had to get out of here. If Damian would find out. No, oh shit no. He would kill both me and Amber. I had to get out of here. I changed back into my human form and took Amber from the sink. I gasped seeing she was covered in blood. I had no idea who's blood it was. Her's, mine or that Summer's. I wrapped my arms around Amber and gave Summer one last look. She lied there, naked and dead. The image made me sick. 
I ran back to the room that had been mine and got dressed, dressed Amber and realized I had no shoes. I remembered but parts from the day they took me. 
Isabell had been knocked out, drugged, she had been on the bed unconscious. I hoped she was unconsious anyway. When I planned on fighting back as soon as I had Amber in my arms who had started crying they drugged me. Even Amber. I had no memory of getting here in this place or where it even was. 
I stole a pair of sneakers that probably belonged to summer and with Amber, still crying in my arms I ran to the door. "Shit" I realized that had been locked. Now I sort of had time to look for a key only to find out i never needed one. It had been a lock without a key. I turned it and the door opened. 

I ran down a hallway and was slightly surprised not to see anybody. There had been a lot of screaming. Then again the place looked horrible and everything was dirty. Maybe there weren't many people around or they were all asleep. Another thought dawned to me. Maybe they were vampires. I ran even faster and decided to take the stairs in stead of the elevator. Amber was still crying and I was doing the same by now. I couldn't stop myself anymore. I was in pain, I was completely terrified and still not safe. What if we would run into Damian. What if he would find us. 
I couldn't just go home now. I would put the people i cared about into danger. I would have to just... just get a life started on my own. 
It was maybe a rush decision but i knew i couldn't put people in danger. It would even be better for Amber to maybe, maybe stay with somebody else. Leave her in a safe place. Yes... I had to do that. 
I didn't walk into anybody on the stairs and I was almost scared to open the door to go outside. Maybe it was a trap? Or Damian would be right there. Carefully I opened the door to the entrance hall and again. Nobody there. I tried steadying my breathing and slowly walked to the exit. I got the fright of a lifetime when suddenly the door opened. I completely froze holding Amber probably way to tight. The girl that entered didn't even look at me. She just walked right pass me as if I was invisible. No time to figure out why. For the first time in 2 weeks I stepped outside. I was greeted by warm summer air. I breathed it in deeply and started walking again. I started singing to Amber with a shaking voice. She always calmed down by that and i kind of did too. I didn't think, I just walked. We were in a neighborhood that didn't feel all to safe but it seemed to be quiet. Maybe everybody was sleeping? Or really a vampire, but if that was true they couldn't get me here. 

I walked and walked not knowing where I was going. Where should I go? Everything started to get a bit hazy, blurry even. I was to wound up to know that I lost a lot of blood and my skin even felt like it was already burning because of the sun. My shoulder and neck started to hurt like hell and my clothes were wet. Not with water... or with sweat. No, it was blood. 
At some point I stopped walking. I just couldn't do it anymore. My breathing was heavy and my whole body was trembling. 
"Amber, we have to sit down for a moment" I mumbled and sat down on a bench and closed my eyes. Amber was sleeping and i managed to smile. "We are free baby. What are we going to do next? Shall we move to Canada or something? That should be far away enough right?" I closed my eyes feeling like i could sleep right now. Maybe I even did sleep because the next moment somebody called me. 

"Miss, Miss can you hear me? Are you alright?" I had to blink a few times before I could see the police officer in front of me. "What... I, Uh yes. Or no" I muttered trying to get up but failing miserably. 
"Miss why are you here? Are you hurt? We got call from somebody who lives here. She thought..." He fell silent. I knew what they thought. "She is okay" I said with a hoarse voice showing the man Amber was still alive and well. Just sleeping. "But how are you both covered in blood?" He asked. 
"Blood?" I asked. I was still really disorientated. 
"Blood!" I repeated with panic in my voice. "No... she is hurt. She hit her... she hurt my baby. Amber! Amber oh please... Please be alright. She has to go to a hospital... she kicked my baby. Oh no!" 
"Miss, calm down, we will take you to a hospital there is already an ambulance on it's way. Can you tell me your name?" 
I stared at the officer for a few second before I started shaking my head. "No, he will find me. He will kill me and my baby." I pulled Amber close to my chest again. 
"Who is?" The man asked looking even more serious.
"I can't tell. He is dangerous. He wanted my baby. Him and his mate... but i couldn't let them take her. She hated them. She is mine. I have to keep her safe! don't I?"  The guy nodded and at that moment the sound of an ambulance approaching hit my ears.

 In the ambulance I realized I could never leave Amber. I thought about leaving her in the hospital but just for one second. I could never separate from my baby girl. The thought alone broke my heart and made my wolf howl in pain. The only option then was to get as far away as possible. Canada would be a good option. 
At  the hospital it soon showed amber was okay. Underfed and she had a bruise on her leg but that was all. I wasn't okay. I lost loads of blood and the bite marks still hurt. They asked me how this happened. I told them a dog did it. I couldn't say werewolves of course.  The cop asked a whole bunch of questions I answered vaguely. He also asked if i was raped. I could tell him they didn't get that far. 
Yes they, Damian and Summer tried to get me in a threesome with them Saying things would get better if I did. I was ashamed to say that for one second I even considered it. But as soon as Damian had started to touch and kiss me I was over it. I didn't want him close to me ever again. I decided that years ago when we broke up and I felt the same. It looked like they were going to force me until Amber saved me. She had to know something was wrong and started crying at the top of her lungs ruining it for Summer and Damian and saving me. 

The thing the cop most wanted to hear was his name. Damian's and Summer's. I didn't give them knowing cops wouldn't stand a chance to an outraged werewolf and probably a building filled with vampires. Looking back at my escape the girl that came in was probably someone who was hooked on the poison the injected when they bit you. 
And I was too scared Damian would find me. Even now I expected him to walk in at any moment. I was so tense and wouldn't let Amber out of my sight. Luckily they understood that. 
I planned on leaving as soon as they weren't keeping an all to good eye on me. I just had one problem. I had no papers, no passport, no money. Nothing that could help me out of the country. I seriously planned on heading to Canada. That direction anyway. I found out I was back in the city were my home was. My dance studio. 
There was money there. And my passport. My license was back at my parents but we could take the bus, maybe fly. I don't know if I could fly with Amber. I could arrange a drivers license in Canada. Change my name, my looks. Yes I would do that. I had to get home, maybe leave a note for Isabell. Tell her I was alright and Amber too and she should stay safe and with Blaine. Knowing now that she was tied to Blaine was a relieve. He would keep her safe. No harm would come to her. 

It was't hard to decide. I was taking off. It was better for everybody.