Lost and Found

Chapter 5

I was still laughing at Sonic when we were at the breakfast table.

“Why don’t you knock it off! It wasn’t that funny!” Sonic yelled at me. I was hurt.

“I was just playing around with you, Sonic. I see I can’t do that anymore,” I got up and left without another word. I opened the front door and ran as fast as I could away from Sonic, his friends. Why was he so mean to me that time? I was just having fun, besides I didn’t even start it. Shadow, I thought. I left him behind with Sonic. I hoped that Shadow would give Sonic a good, long talk, maybe even punch him once or twice. Even if Sonic loved me, I didn’t care for him now. I’ll go live on my own, without anyone…Shadow. I thought of him again. Where would he go? Would he come and find me? I still had my Chaos Emerald, I could go anywhere with Chaos Control. I continued running until I ran out of terrain. I looked around. This was where Shadow took me last night. He forgot the blanket on the grass. I smiled to myself and lied down on the soft, green grass. I pulled the blanket over myself so I wouldn’t get cold. It still had Shadow’s scent on it. This made me happy, like he was here with me again.

“Shadow, I’m sorry that I overreacted. I want you back here with me,” I mumbled to myself. Like he would hear that (Sarcasm). I kept thinking about him until I heard my stomach growl. I didn’t eat anything before I left. I probably should have. I looked around the area and saw an apple tree. I got up immediately and climbed the tree to get 3 apples. As I slid down, I heard a cry from behind the tree. I walked around and found a Chao that looked almost exactly like Shadow, even with the stripe in the middle of its face.

When it saw me, it said, “Please, I need food,” I was surprised that it could talk, as many of the other Chao I knew didn’t. Without hesitation, I broke a piece off and gave it to the little Chao. He gobbled it up happily, “Thank you, kind girl,” he was so polite.

“What’s your name?” I asked him.

“Shade, I am a special Chao as you see I can talk. And you are?”

“Dabria, I guess I’m special because I transformed into a hedgehog and was transported here. I also have the ultimate life form, as he likes to call himself, as my boyfriend.”

The little Chao sat up, “What does he look like?”

“He’s tall and looks exactly like you, but has blood red eyes and is a hedgehog.”

“He sounds interesting.”

“Yes, he is, very interesting. Anyway, what are you doing here?”

“I have been flying around for days and days looking for another one of my kind. I could not succeed for you have found me here. I gradually got weaker and weaker from the odd weather you have here,” Shade sighed, “I’m glad I found you, I would have died of starvation if you didn’t come.”

“You are very welcome. I ran away from my home that I’m staying at because one of the members there hurt me emotionally. I don’t want to talk about that anymore,” I ended.

“Oh, ok. Could I keep you company then?” Shade asked.

“Of course you can, thanks” I led Shade to where I was laying before. The blanket was still there untouched. Shade lie down next to me under the blanket and fell asleep instantly. I fell asleep a few minutes later with Shadow’s scent all around me. I thought I smelled his scent getting stronger, but I must have been hallucinating.

………………………………........................................................

I could feel someone stroking my face, but I thought it was Shade, wanting me to calm down, so ignored it. After a while I opened my eyes to say good morning to Shade. But when I did, Shade was still sleeping next to me. I looked up.