Preamble

Cold.
It's much colder than I thought it would be.
The pain is overwhelming, taking over my body. Hurting me. Controlling me. My peripheral vision is slowly fading to black. My head hurts.
"I'm so s-sorry, Ellis. This..this is strictly business." Jenson says, a pained look on his face. I try to speak, but all the air had been knocked out of my lungs when he plunged his knife into me. His face softened for a moment, and I swore I could see his eyes gleaming with tears. I could see that something, in those brief seconds, something happened within his head. He quickly withdrew his blade from my chest, and I stagger back, clutching the wound. The pain was overwhelming, and I fell down, panting. I was freezing, but my body perspired greatly.
"ANNABELLE!" Jenson screamed. He yelled for her again, and after what felt like an eternity, but couldn't have been so, I heard the familiar clicking of her heels rushing towards us. I laid my head down on the ground, accepting defeat. I allowed my breathing to slow.
"I...Ellis.." Jenson trailed off, refusing to look at me.
"This...wasn't the way things were meant to go. I-I wish things didn't have to go this w-way." He said, voice wavering. My vision growing dimmer by the second, I saw him drop something from his hand, and then rush off down the corridor, presumably to Faendarel's room. He didn't look back.
"For Aylae's sake, Jenson what are you scre-ELLIS! OH MY GOD!" Annabelle screeched, as she rounded the corner. She rushed to my side, already pulling out some emergency potions and firing up her staff.
"It's gonna be okay! I promise, Elli-oh Aylae...there's so much blood..." Annabelle whispered, as she unbuttoned my shirt. The pain at this point was too much to bear, and I closed my eyes, ready to fall into eternal slumber.