Chapter Nineteen: Almost Got It, But It Slipped Away

Christian dropped me off at my aunts, and as extra percaution he patrolled the house. My aunt worked most of the time, and she has to travel a lot for her office. She does a lot of business for Microsoft, she's been gone ever since I moved back in the last time. So to be honest, she wouldn't know I left unless I told her. I believe she was on her way back from China right now. After he left I ran straight to my room and plugged my phone into its charger.

My phone wouldn't turn on right away so I left it on the night stand and went to the kitchen. I was starving, when I was with Oli I totally skipped eating, maybe opening a small bag of chips once in a while. Until now, I hadn't realized how hungry I was. I opened the cabinet, revealing a brand spanking new box of Fruity Pebbles. My eyes widened and I started to salivate, I mean I like Fruity Pebbles and all, but Jesus did those look good. I grabbed the box from the cabinet and grabbed a serving bowl for salads.

If you've ever seen the movie Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead with Christina Applegate, you know that there's this scene where she asks her younger siblings what they want for breakfast, and she grabs this big ass bowl, pouring the box of cereal and the rest of the milk into it for the three kids. Well that's exactly what I did with the Fruity Pebbles, except there weren't three children, it was just me. Skinny, stick thin, hungry-ass-fuck Marceline. And let me just say, I wasn't even stoned but it tasted like Jesus. I finished, letting out a loud, deep, long burp, signaling that I was full.

I looked over at the microwave, the orange numbers glowing a dull 6:45 p.m. Chris would be back in another three hours (yes it took me an hour to eat an entire box of Fruity Pebbles, no judging! Like I said, I was hungry and purging myself while with Oli). That gave me time to take a much needed bath, both for my oily hair and skin, and my aching muscles. I could just see it now, a dim room, warm water with aroma bubbles, and who knows? Maybe I'll end up falling asleep since I'm so tense and I haven't slept well.

I trotted down the hall and closed the bathroom for behind me. I started the bath water, adding the 'aroma therapy bubbles' to the relaxing water. As the tub filled I stepped from my disgusting clothing, kicking it into a corner. I climbed in the tub, the scent of roses filling my nostrils. I ducked under the water, washing my hair and removing the filth that layered it. For once, I was actually relaxed and happy. However, I feel like I've felt this way before, with... I couldn't remember. I wish I could, I know there was someone else, someone else that I loved as deeply as I loved Damien. My thoughts became fuzzy as I started to fall asleep. I didn't fight it, instead I let my mind drift away.

"Why can't I help?" I whined. All he did was laugh at me as he continued cooking.

"Because this is a special dinner for you" he replied, continually stirring the sauce so it wouldn't burn.

"I told you, that's really sweet babe, but I don't deserve this. I'm fine with a bowl of cereal and sitting on front of the tv watching a movie" I pouted, crossing my arms, slowly walking over to him.

"I love you Marceline" he was smiling, even though I couldn't see his face "Nothing is ever wasted when it comes to you"

I smiled a little and wrapped my arms around his torso, laying my head on his back "I love you too. Whatcha cooking?" I asked as I craned my neck over his tall shoulder, the smell making me salivate.

He chuckled at me again and shook his head "I'll tell you when I'm done. I want this to be a perfect romantic dinner" he turned around, wrapping his arms around me. He leaned down, his lips connecting with mine. I looked up at him, smiling as I did so.

Just before I saw his face I woke up. Damn it, I was starting to remember something, then it was gone. I sighed in frustration and looked at my pruned hands. Time to get out and get ready. The chill of the bathroom made the hair of my arms stand up as I sat up from the warm bath tub. I grabbed the fluffy towel and wrapped it around my body, taking a second one and twisting it into my hair. I picked up my dirty clothes from the floor, carrying them across the hall and into my room, tossing them into my linen basket.