8/ elation

"harry, you here?" louis calls out with an uncertain tone once he reaches the counter, leaning forward as if that'll make harry appear.

it's merely been two days since he's last been to anne's bakery, but he simply can't help it. he's unable to stay way from harry.

the demiboy has become a heavy weight within his heart.

harry walks out from the back, white jeans on and a bright multicolored shirt. his hair simply down, not as curly as yesterday, and no make up on his face. not even mascara.

"hi louis." he smiles, he smiles. a large grin that spreads to the ends of his cheeks, two deep dimples popping out. louis tries his hardest to keep from leaping across the counter and engulfing this pretty demiboy in his arms.

"you feeling good today?" louis laughs the question, harry's cheery mood - the first time louis' ever seen him be so openly happy - fills up every last bit of the room.

"i'm doing alright." he nods with a smile, ducking his head when louis' eyes don't once leave his.

louis tries his best to not fond too much at harry, but it's hard. even the careful way he grabs his notebook and pen tugs at louis' heart in a way nothing else has.

"you look pretty today." louis voices without thought, eyes widening at his own words, "well - i mean - you're always pretty - like - i'm not trying to s-"

"thank you louis." harry blushes, peeking up to louis before looking back to his notebook. louis hums with contentment, slightly shocked at harry's response, but he hides it for the demiboy, "thank you for the - uh - for you know. the cake." now it's harry's turn to stutter, not used to saying so much to louis at once.

"of course." louis beams, stepping as close to the counter, and harry, as possible, "made me so happy to give you something, not trying to seem creepy or summat."

"you don't seem creepy." harry shakes his head, curly hair falling in front of him - and to louis' dissapointment - slightly blocking his face from louis' view.

"how 'bout my next cake then?" louis finally says into the thickening silence.

both of them thinking so much but saying so little.

"oh yeah," harry looks up to louis, "what would you like?"

"the first cake i ever got from you, vanilla cake and strawberry frosting." he smiles at the answer, remembering the day he first saw the beautiful demiboy. 15 days ago (yes, louis' been shamelessly counting the days).

"alright." harry smiles, his face taking on an indecisive expression before growing determined. he writes a bit more on the notepad than usual, and it takes all of louis' willpower not to sneak a look.

"thank you harold." louis chuckles, tapping his knuckles against the counter.

harry simply rolls his eyes in response, a humored gaze on his face, "you're welcome." he finally beams before louis waves a goodbye. walking out the door with a sense of elation.

i miss my boyfriend sm idk how i was able to write a not sad chap. rip my emo soul and my love for kate.