Captured By Callum

Hi people :)

So, today, at 12am, I'm too tired to anything else but the prologue, but there will be more!

Enjoy, and vote if you like the story & feel the urge to inspire me and my creativness ;) Yeah, ok.

Bye bye, Meat Pies!

(Selena on the side! - not to be mistaken with Selena Gomez:)

§ 

Prologue

I was walking down the white-sand beach at sunset, the ruby red light reflecting off the glimmering water, bathing me in the afternoon summer heat. I was careful to avoid the water, seeing as I was planning on actually getting back home sooner, rather than later.

I looked up ahead of me and saw Finn, waiting for me. I ran the rest of the way, my feet squelching in the hot, blistering sand, reaching him in no time.

‘Hey,’ my silver-haired twin brother said, grinning down at me.

Now, I know what you’re thinking. Silver, as a hair colour? On top of that, he also had black eyes. They didn’t exactly blend in amongst a typical crowd when you were walking down the street, I can say that much. But anything else, and we wouldn’t be what we truly are today. In esense, they define who and what we are.

‘Hey,’ I replied, my breathing lacking the laboured quality most humans would have gained after a sprint like that in the awkwardly shifting sand. It was yet another unique feature that defined who and what I was. ‘When did you get here?’

‘Just a few minutes ago, actually. Mum said that you went out for a swim and said that I should pick you up. I figured you’d be here.’

I grinned up at him. This was my all time favorite place to swim, and anybody who knew me at all knew that. The beach was deserted, and beautifully clean. It had pure white sand and blue-green water, with hardly any of the slimy seaweed I passionately detested. It was a while away from the road, but it was worth the treck.

‘Let’s go! I’m exhausted,’ I complained like the 48-seconds-younger sibling that I was. He nodded, as we both turned to go.

Suddenly, I froze. Both my brother and I had excellent hearing, recognisably stronger, compared to the average human. I was sure I could hear something that wasn't quite right. Something that was simply out of place.

‘Do you…’ I started slowly. Finn, I noticed, had frozen alongside me.

He nodded slowly, facing the direction the strange noise was coming from. We listened hard, keeping incredibly still-

I heard it again. A tiny rustling, too widely spaced to be an animal. But the thing was, humans never visited this beach. I was fairly certain they didn’t even know about it. But something just wasn’t…

‘Finn, something’s not right,’ I muttered quietly. He came over to me and cautiously wrapped an arm around my shoulders, for safety and reassurance. We slowly moved back into the bushes, back to the car that was waiting for us on the main road. We turned…

§

Ok!

That's it for now, but check regulary, it will be up there soon!

Talk soon :)

Toodles, Poodles!

Milez :*