Geralt's Origin

~Point Of View Of Geralt~

Sigh... I was born in Europe, 1081... I belonged to a poor peasant family ruled by an unfair lord who was corrupt. I met with some urchin lads and from them I learnt the art of petty crime. I used my new found skills to poach and to steal.
  My family never knew how I had acquired the food and gold that I brought to them, they were  too thankful to question. Poor Father, Mother, and Sis... We were expecting a babe,hopefully a male child. 1096, I was fifteen, that's when I died. I was searching for a safe area to skin, cut,gut,stack as well as hide items I had stolen. I intended to sell them after the search had been called off..
    I came across a cave and when I entered all was black and when I turned all I saw was black. I opened my eyes to light, I felt much stronger but also tainted. It was bittersweet.
   The first crusade was announced and people were very paranoid... Feeling afraid.. I began to sprint to the biggest church. It felt as though I could run faster and didn't seem to tire. I arrived and went to the priest and told him of my issue. He ordered for my friends, family, and anyone associated with me to be killed and for me, myself, to be tested on and tortured.
   A sudden rage took over me and I ripped the man in half at the waist with my bare hands. I stepped back, stunned and ran back to my cottage only to see flames engulfing the small building. A few soldiers stood laughing.
   I was torn between anger and pain...Dad was...at the entrance... With three arrows through his torso and a short sword in his hand...he was a crippled veteran that could barely walk.
   Inside....were Mom.. And Sis... Being raped... I destroyed those men, but I was too late. They had already broken Sis's neck and slit Mom's throat. I watched the life leave her crying eyes and the blood leave her gurgling neck.
   The tears were great and the flames burned and charred into oblivion...
     I was sweet on a girl, she too was a peasant, or at least a more successful one. She made me nervous and giddy. Usually I avoided her, but then there she was, in the doorway.. Blackened by the full moon to her back and the gates of hell to her sides.
    I crawled and stumbled to her in a teary,bloody, burnt mess..my only left haven.. She misunderstood, I can't blame her. Rumor had it that I was possessed. She drove a scythe upwards through my torso, mostly abdomen. It went straight through my spine.
   Thankfully she ran... Empty corruption spilled out of my body as I lay curled up on the ground. A void like puddle formed around me.... I had died..
   I was taken pity upon, the light had given me life, I had been re-birthed. The darkness was sucked back into my body as I pulled the blade from my damaged frame. My eyes emitted purity and my scar, my sign of condemnation, were now symbols of my broken mind.
     I've adapted with humanity, but that doesn't necessarily mean I've changed...          
              (~Written by Joey K.~)