Ch. 3

Knox's POV:

That went better than I expected, meeting Elle's parents. I could smell the alcohol. Whether it was coming from the left over bottles or her parents, I don't know. I really hate the thought of her living like that. The place was filthy, she deserves better than that. I wait in the car until I see what I suspect is her bedroom light come on.

I pull out of the driveway and head home. When I get to my parents house I park and go inside. I want answers from Ben about dinner. Ellie might let the subject drop, but I won't. I go to Ben's bedroom door, opening it without knocking. "What the hell was that at dinner?" I demand to know.

"I pretty sure it was spaghetti." He replies seriously, sitting at his desk working on his computer.

"I'm serious."

"Wasn't it obvious? Jacob thought I was serious about Ellie and got mad."

"What did you guys say in Spanish?"

Finally, he turns towards me, "He said that she was his, I said she was yours. At least that's what I think I said."

I take a deep breath. "I told her that I agreed with you, about him having feelings for her. She wasn't happy to hear it." I state, leaning against the door frame. "I don't think he's going to stop following her around though."

"So, you're not going to deny that she's yours? I thought you were just friends?" He teases.

I push off the door frame and go to my room. There's no way I can look at Elle as just a friend. She's beautiful; when I noticed her in the park on Monday I wanted to go talk to her. It was the first time I was too intimated to talk to a girl. I watched her sit on her swing and occasionally watch us play. Her hair was down and it was like a curtain covering her face. The color is more blonde then red, but when the sun hits it just right you can see all the different shades.

When she was there again the next day I tried to talk myself into going over to her, but the guys showed up and I used that as an excuse not to talk to her. On Wednesday I helped dad out at the office because someone didn't show up. I thought about her the whole day. We planned another game for Thursday and I made myself go early to talk to her. I immediately walked up to her so I couldn't talk myself out of it. Her hair was pulled back for the first time and I could see her pretty face. Her complexion was just a little tanned and completely flawless. When I sat on the swing I had the best opening line ever, "I swear you're here all the time." Could I have sounded anymore stalkerish? I felt like an idiot. When she didn't say anything, I asked if she could talk...I'm glad I did because she looked at me. I thought my heart was going to stop. Her eyes met mine and I was mesmerized. The clear blue color, so blue they looked like they glowed, she's perfect.

It killed me to hear that her parents fight a lot and that's when she would come to the park. I wanted nothing more than to hold her. I was captivated by her; she wasn't flinging herself at me like so many other girls. When she said she knew who I was, I waited for the flirting to start. When it didn't I was happily surprised. I didn't even hear the guys yelling my name; I was too busy trying to figure out how to make her smile.

The walk could have gone better. If not for those jealous bitches, it would have been great. I definitely need to say something to them about staying away from Ellie. I know their probably plotting something highly embarrassing for her. I'll call Lacy tomorrow and threaten to tell everyone that she made out with Ryan 'the toad' Wheeler. They call him the toad because of his complexion and the fact that he really does look like a toad.

Watching her play football was a real turn on. How that little thing can throw a ball like that is beyond me. I loved watching her competitive side, she definitely likes to win. We took it easy on them. Mainly, because most of us just wanted to watch her play.