Rick Imagine 1.2: Curiosity

I was now watching as Rick showed me the basics of guns. He showed me where each thing was and what it did. It seemed easy to remember. Finally, he handed me the gun. It was lighter than I expected.
"Show where everything is at on there," He told me. I quickly pointed to everything and named it. He nodded a little, "good. Now try aiming it." I held it up in a way I had seen him do once. He put his hands on my shoulders and corrected how how I was standing.
"Be ready for the kickback," Rick told me quietly. His deep voice was not far from my ears. He reached around me and made me put my other hand on the gun, fixing how I was holding it. "You should hold it with two hands for safety, until you're as used to it as I am. Keep your finger off the trigger until you're ready to shoot." His voice was even closer now. My heart was raging in my chest and I was sure he could hear it. I tried to concentrate more on what I was doing and less on how near Rick was.
"Now aim," He said, letting me know how to. He let go of me and stood off to the side. I aimed and pulled the trigger. It made a small clicking noise. We weren't using bullets for training. "Good. Carry that around with you. Get used to carrying it. Soon you can get some bullets, have it loaded," He said. I looked at him.
"Thanks Rick," I said. I felt a small smile on my face.
"You're welcome. Maybe sometime I'll take you outside the gate, find somewhere that doesn't have too many and let you practice," He said. I nodded.
"Just tell me when," I said.
"Will do," He said and I swear he nearly smiled before walking off.