Prolouge

A young girl laid down on a small couch in the dark, the clock ticking as it filled the room's eerie silence.
A 40 year old man opened the door and walked into the house as he closed it. He had a phone in his hand as he argued with someone though it.
"Yeah I know he wasn't there today but..." He paused as he heard screams of protest.
"Alright, fine I'll tell him tomorrow." He hung up as the young girl yawned and sat up.
"How was work today? Was it fun?" She asked as the young man sighed.
"Scoot." He replied as she made some room for him to sit down.
"Abbie what are you doing up?" He asked as the young girl, Abbie gasped.
"Oh crud what time is it?!" She asked as she quickly looked at the clock.
"Past your bedtime." He mumbled in replied as he rubbed his head.
"But it's still today." She said sassily as she grabbed a box. The doorbell rang as she ran over towards it.
"I got it!" Abbie screamed as she opens it.
"Auntie Lara!" She squealed as she hugged the young woman's wasted.
The young woman smiled.
"Hey kiddo!" She said as she ruffled her hair.
"Dad, your sister's here!" Abbie said as she gave him a box.
"What is this?" He asked a she rolled her eyes.
"Your birthday silly." She said as she laid back down on the couch and cut the TV on.
"Well open it." Lara said as she sat down on the arm of the couch.
"Honey how did you get this?!" He said in shock as he opened it up to see a diamond encrusted watch.
"Drugs. I sell some tough drugs." She said sarcastically in a country voice as Lara laughed.
"Oh great." He said as she smiled at him.
Minutes pasted as Lara picked up her niece and carried her upstairs to her room. The young dirty blond yawned as she was placed onto the bed.
Lara smiled at her as her brother, Joseph smiled at her.
"Some watch she got you." Lara said quietly as her brother ruffled her blackish brown hair like what se did to Abbie earlier.
"Stop." She said in a small squeal as they laughed quietly.

A loud bang rattled Abbie's room as she gasped. She shot up and got out of bed. Another loud bang was heard as she fell to the ground.
"Abbie!" Lara screamed as she got out of Joseph's room.
"Where's dad?" Abbie asked as Lara ran over to her.
"I don't know Abbie, i don't know." Lara picked her up as she ran to a window. She looked though it to see that helicopters and nets were flying over. Blood was covering the ground and smoke was in the air. Sounds of torror and pain and death filled the streets.
"I'm scared." Abbie said in fear as Lara looked at her.
She put her hands over Abbie's eyes.
"Just close your eyes." He said quietly as she walked slowly away from the window. Another loud 'BOOM' was heard as the room started to shake. Lara gasped as she fell to the floor, Abbie tumbling into the door.
"Auntie Lara?" Abbie said as she held her head in pain. The young woman laid motionless on the floor as Abbie gasped. She crawled over quickly as she  moved some hair out of Lara's face. A long narrow cut mark was on her forehead as blood slowly came out, staining her head and hair.
"Abbie!" She heard a loud scream as Joseph budged into the broken door.
"Daddy!" Abbie said as he ran over. He looked at Lara and gently picked her up.
"You alright?" He said quickly as she nodded. The room whole violently as the ceiling caught fire.
"Look out!" Joseph screamed as debris landed onto the ground. Abbie dodged it and crawled to the entrance to her room. Lara moaned as Joseph gasped.
"Lara!" He said quickly as more debris came their way.
"Dad hurry!" Abbie screamed as he gasped. He threw Lara towards the entrance as debris fell on top of him.
"Joseph!" Lara screamed as smoke and fire got thicker. She tried to run in but the opening was soon covered in falling debris and fire.
"Daddy!" Abbie screamed as Lara picked her up and ran towards the front door. Another violent shake was felt as she kept running, her ashes covered hands gripping onto Abbie. 'Everything's happening so fast' she thought as she quickly opened the door. Corpses and army men covered the streets as she looked around. She slammed the door as she rushed towards the back door.
"Damn!" She said as she quickly opened the door and ran outside.
Helicopters covered the black sky as she looked around.
"What do we do now?" Abbie asked as Lara kept running. She ran into the thick woods as she looked for a clearing.
"Just don't look sweetie." She mumbled as she stopped. She saw a bright light as she ran towards it. A man in army clothes with a gun was waiting there.
"Hey, we need help!" Lara screamed as he turned around and pointed his guns at them.
"Freeze!" He screamed as Lara looked at him.
"Listen, we just went though living hel....heck," she said as she looked at Abbie, not trying to cuss in front of the nine year old.
"We need help." She repeated as he looked at them. He spoke in his ear piece.
"Sir, I got two people that are unarmed but I don't know if their alone, what do I do?"
Lara slowly kept her gaze on him as he nodded.
"But there's a young girl..." He mumbled back as he sighed and nodded. Holding up his gun, she gasped.
"Oh snap." He fired two shots as she turned around. One hit her arm as she screamed in pain. She fell towards the ground as he slowly walked towards her. Her vision was blurry as she saw another man pick him up. She gasped at the muscular figure as she recognized him.
"Jolan!" She said as he threw the army man to the ground.
"Lara! " he said as she saw Abbie lay motionless on the ground.
"Oh no Abbie!" She said a says quickly ran to her. She saw the young girl struggling for life as she tried lifting her up, but that made it worse.
Abbie let out a tiny scream of pain as Lara put her back on the ground. She saw fear in her eyes as she let out a few more breathes. Seconds later, Abbie's eyes drifted off as Lara felt tears roll down her blood soaked face.
"We found someone!" She heard a young woman scream as sirens filled her ears.
"Over here!" Jolan screamed as he waved his arms in the air. Lara held on to the lifeless girl as she heard footsteps running towards them.
"What happened?" A sergeant asked as Jolan pointed towards Lara.
"She needs help badly." He said quickly as they ran towards her.
"Miss what's your name?" He asked her as she looked at him.
"Lara." She said slowly as he nodded.
"What was that?" Jolan asked as he looked at the sergeant.
"The fading echoes." He said as she looked up at him. She knew one thing and one thing only,

'Whoever are the fading echoes, I'm gonna find them....and I will give them what they deserve....'