Chapter Five

Thomas POV
It was obvious when I saw Ben and Olivia together in that room, the way she asked if he was okay when she found him and the way she touched him: her hands on his face staring at each other with concern for each other. It made me sick to my stomach, the love of my life and the one I "died" for was fucking another man and not just any other man, it was my best friend.
My rage controlled my body and I walked up to Ben, who was still tied to the chair, with my gun pointed at him. Olivia quickly pointed her gun at my head, protecting him from my wrath while Ben closed his eyes, accepting the fate that I was about to bestow on him.
"Drop the gun Thomas!" Olivia yelled at me as I continued to stare at Ben, the gun shaking in my hand from the fury that dwelled inside of me. I turned my eyes toward Olivia, her deep gray eyes brimmed with tears as she looked at me. I knew those tears all to well, she was hurt and angry.
"You are with him are you not?" I asked with anger in my voice.
Olivia's eyes widened at the statement, like she was caught in the act of doing something terrible. She nodded her head, confirming my assumption.
"Yes Thomas we are." Olivia replied.
"Why?" I asked, the hurt in my voice seeped through. "He was my best friend. You are fucking my best friend!"
"And you were dead Thomas!" Olivia cried out. "What the hell was I suppose to do? You were dead, your body was never found! I grieved your lost and moved on with Ben."
"However I was not dead." I stated.
"What the hell does that matter now Thomas?" Olivia replied. "If you were not dead, why did you not come find me? You could have easily come and found me, we could have started our lives back! Hell, you were to busy planning this fucking revenge and now you want to know why I am with Ben."
"I was the love of your life." Thomas stated. "You left me in that building and that was where our love died."
"Then you have no fucking right to ask me why I am with him." Olivia snarled. "You should have stayed dead."
Fury overcame me and I pistol whipped Olivia, she yelped as she fell to the floor holding her face. Ben screamed in rage as he stood up, still tied to the chair, and tackled me to the floor. It was easy to defeat Ben, I scrambled to my feet and kicked him hard in the head, rendering him unconscious.
I turned around to see Olivia standing up, waiting to attack me while I was looking. I smiled darkly at her.
"You think you can take me Frostbyte?" I teased as I beckoning her with my hand to start. "Come get me."
With a yell like a battle cry, Olivia launched herself at him. She threw me back into the wooden closet that broke on my impact, she punched me in the face and grabbed my hair, dragging me on of the broken closet and kneed me in the face. I collapsed to the ground, holding my nose as it poured blood quickly. Olivia stood over me, but I swiftly kicked out at her legs causing her to fall on to her back. As she tried to catch her breathe, I rolled over and sat in top of her raining down punches. She grabbed at my chest and caught the fabric of my shirt, rolling us over until she was on top of me. She hit me with a right hook, but I bucked her off me. I stood up and grabbed my gun, quickly pointing it at her while she got to her knees. She looked up at me with her hands up in surrender.
"You do not want to shoot me Thomas?" She said as she spit blood onto the floor.
"Why is that?" I asked. "You left me for dead, you slept with my best friend shortly after the accident and you never came back for me. So what possibly could keep me from shooting you?"
Olivia looked down at the floor, tears start to flow down her blood streaked face. There was something she had not mentioned yet, it was a secret ready to be exposed.
"Tell me Olivia!" I snapped.
"I am pregnant." She stated. "With your child."
My heart stopped beating as the words came out of her mouth. She was pregnant with my child, how was that possible. I had been gone for five months and the last time "that happened" was the night before our last mission. She was not even showing she was pregnant either, she fought as though she was not pregnant.
"You are lying." I growled.
"No I am not Thomas!" Olivia screamed. "I conceived the night before our very last mission. Somehow the baby survived through the trauma I went through."
My eyes widened with fear. "Oh shit." I stated as I lowered my gun. "How did this happen?"
"How do you think it happened Thomas?" Olivia snarled as she stood back up.
"You were on that birth control pill; that pill was suppose to keep you from having that thing!" I yelled back, rubbing my free hand through my hair in frustration.
Olivia gave me that look, that look that made the devil want to run and hide. The anger was written all over her face, her mouth pulled into a tight frown and eyes darken slightly.
"That thing is your child!" Olivia screamed. "Your child! My child! Do not blame this on me, you could have wore a damn condom and it would have probably not stop this baby from happening."
"This is all lies!" I yelled as I faced reality for a minute. "It has been five months! Hell, you are not even showing that your pregnant! So how could I possibly be the father?"
Olivia looked down and slowly lifted the hem of her shirt just enough to show the little baby bump she did have. My eyes widened at the sight of it, she was really pregnant with a child.
Olivia looked back up at me as she dropped her shirt back down.
"Do you think I am lying now, dickhead?" She asked. "I would not lie to you about something like this."
I shook my head. "No you would not." I stated. "How can you be for sure that is my child though? Hell it could possibly be Ben's."
Olivia shook her head. "It is not his." Olivia said. "It is your child."
I walked up to Olivia, my fury no longer there. My beautiful past girlfriend was pregnant with my child, she glowed even though of the black circles under her eyes because of lack of sleep. She stared at me with anger still, but a softer anger. I placed a hand on her cheek, she leaned into the touch as she closed her eyes. Serenity came across her face, as though she forgot we hated each other and we were only ones existing in world. In that moment, it was just her and I, nothing else mattered and the past was forgotten.
However, I could not be the father of this child. I already invested my life into The Underground now, if I leave the organization they will kill me and come after Olivia and the baby. I have to stay away, but keep the woman, who left me to die, safe for the sake of my unborn child.
"I will protect you, but only because of that child inside of you." I stated as I took my hand away from her face. "This does not change what has happened, you are still the enemy."
Olivia looked at me hard. "You will never see this child as long as I am the enemy to you." She said. "Once you are away from their hands, this child will be yours."
"We will see about that, love." I said as I turned and walked away from the mother of my unborn child.
The real question was though, how could I trust her that it is really my child?