Chapter 8

Marco's POV
When we finally arrive at the school I get out of the limo and help Star out.
"Thank you" Star says.
"Your welcome" I say with a smile.
We walk towards the entrance and once we find the gym (where prom takes place) the whole room is filled with balloons, strings hanging from the ceiling, people dancing, and lights hitting the walls lighting up the room. It all looked amazing.
"Hey Star why don't you go and find a table, while I go and fetch us some punch?"
"Ok" she replies.
I walk over to the food table and see mango slices, cookies, chips, and other fruits and candy's on glass plates with red rose designs. To the side there is some lemonade, ice tea and... Ah there's the punch. I bring two cups of punch for me and Star to the table and we drink together.
"Cheers" I say.
"Cheers" Star giggles.
After we are done drinking and chomping on snacks, Star and I decide to split apart and go do our own things, she goes and heads towards her friends and I go and find Alfonso and Ferguson. Where are they?
Of course I spot them at the chocolate fountain stuffing their faces.
"Hey guys!"
"Hey Marco!" They say excitedly.
"I didn't know you guys were going to be here?" I say.
"Are you kidding me? We wouldn't miss all this! So did you bring anyone?" Ferguson says.
"Actually I did, I brought Star" I say.
Alfonso and Ferguson give a look to each other.
"So are you guys like... A thing?" Ferguson asks.
"What? No,Well I don't know"
I blush.
"Oh come on Marco I know that look, you like Star!"
"Ok, ok not so loud...So what if I like her"
"So what? So what?! She's like the coolest magical princess in the world!" Ferguson says.
"You gotta make your move and fast before someone swoops down and takes her away from you!"
"Why do you care so much?" I ask.
"Because I want you to be happy Marco"
"Well, even if I do make my move how do I know she will like me back?"
"That you will just have to find out on your own." He says.
"Woah woah guys, Star is coming this way." Alfonso says.
"Hey Marco, wanna dance?" Star asks.
Ferguson and Alfonso slowly push me towards Star.
"Sure" I reply.
She takes my hand and leads me to the dance floor. We wrap our arms around each other. Wow, this is just like the time me and Star were dancing at the blood moon ball, I think to myself.
The room lights darken and slow music starts to play.
We stare into each other's eyes, blushing a bit.
Everything was perfect.....that was until a large bomb exploded breaking almost the entire wall of the gym.
Smoke was filling the whole room making it almost impossible to see anything. Once the smoke cleared I could see exactly happened.
I turned my head to look at Star and see if she was okay, but she was not there. In fact I didn't see her anywhere.
"Star?! Where are you?!" I yelled.
I couldn't hear anything, only the sound of people screaming and running for their lives.