Chapter 4

"Why do you always ride the bus now?" Mom asks as I'm grabbing my phone from the coffee table. I glance over at her with a slight attitude. She's actually standing and not resting on the couch with a piece of food nearby. 

"I have a friend on the bus," I reply. She raises her eyebrows at me. 

"What's their name?" 

"Christian." She frowns at me. 

"Your new friend is a boy?" 

"Mom, I'm old enough to have my own friends. I'm old enough to get my own apartment, but then you would probably just sit here and wither away. Do you want me to pick up anything for you?" She goes back to the couch and sits down on the indentation she created from the countless hours spent sitting on the same exact spot. 

"Go pick me up some food when you're done," she says. I nod and walk out of the house. 

Christian's sitting in the bus and on the same spot as always with his backpack on the seat beside him. He sees me, smiles, then pulls his backpack off of the seat. I plop down and flash him a grin. 

"Hello," I say. 

"Hello," he replies. 

"Where are we going today?" I ask. He pulls at a loose thread on his sweater, which unravels and becomes larger. Then he holds it up to his mouth and nibbles it off. 

"Uh," he says while trying to spit out the thread. I absentmindedly grab the end of the thread and pull it off of his lip and toss it on the ground. He stares at me while I just realize what I did. I press my lips togerther, then turn and face the front. 

"I'm sorry. That was weird." He pulls at the sleeves of his sweater. 

"Uh... no. Not really," he says. He begins to say something else, then he begins chewing on one of his fingers. I nudge him with my elbow. 

"Quit it," I say. He drops his pale hand back on his lap and clears his throat. 

"We can go... to... the zoo?" he suggests. I purse my lips and shrug. 

"Or... we can go see a movie," he says. 

"What movie?" I ask.

"Any movie is fine." 

"What about a scary movie?" 

"Are there any scary movies out?" 

"I think." 

"We can go see a scary movie. You can see me cry for the first time." I giggle and mess with a loose button on my jeans. 

"A movie is fine," I say. My eyes flicker over to him, and he's smiling down at his hands. 

~

 We walk out of the movie together with a bag of empty popcorn. He tears it apart before tossing it in the trash can. When I throw him a weird look, he merely shrugs. 

"Did you think it was scary?" he asks. 

"Yeah, it was pretty scary. What did you think?" I already knew the answer. He was cowaring behind the giant popcorn bag for most of the movie, and after we had all calmed down from jumping at something that popped up during the movie, he began to nervously laugh. It almost got us kicked out because I laughed along with him. 

"It was a little scary," he says. I giggle at him and we walk out of the warm movie theater and into the  cool air. 

"This was fun," he says. I nod in agreement as we begin to walk the two blocks to the bus stop. 

"Want to hang out again?" he asks. 

"Sure. When?" 

"Uh... Nine?" 

"Nine today?" 

"Yeah, if that's okay. If you have plans, that's fine." 

"I don't have a life. I never have plans." That makes him chuckle. 

"Me neither. So where do you want to go?"

"I don't know. Wherever you want to go." He pats his hair again and tugs at the sleeves of his sweater. 

"Uh..." He clears his throat. 

"What about... Dinner?" 

"That sounds fine," I say.

"It's not a date, though," he says. I laugh lightly. 

"I knew that," I say. He grins at me. 

"Okay. Dinner at nine. Sounds fun." 

"Yes it does," I say. 

~

I sit, waiting on the couch for Christian's text to say he's outside of my house. My mom is staring at the television screen with a blank expression scribbled across her face. She glances at me every so often, then just takes another bite out of her muffin. 

"Where are you going?" she asks. I stop scratching off the paint on my phone case. 

"Out." She frowns at me and takes a large bite out of her muffin. 

"Where is 'out'?" 

"I'm going to eat with someone." 

"Oh, with who?" 

"My friend Christian." 

"Christian?" She sits up, causing some of the crumbs that were resting on her stomach to fall onto the couch. She's probably going to make me clean that up later. 

"Yes. Christian." 

"Is he nice?" she asks.

"Very nice." She presses her lips together. Before she can ask me a question, a text appears on my phone and someone knocks on the door. The text is from Christian and it says: I'm knocking on your door so please answer

"That's him," I say, standing up and walking to the front door. 

"Be safe," she says. I nod before opening the door and slipping out so Christian doesn't see my mom and my mom doesn't see Christian. 

"Oh, hello," he says with a smile. I smile back. 

"Hey," I say. 

"Was your mom in there?" he asks.

"Yes." 

"Did you not want me to see her?" 

"Yes." He coughs into his sleeve and nods. 

"It's fine," he says.

"Good." He hurries in front of me, opens the car door for me, then awkwardly runs to the other side of the car and climbs into the driver's seat. I can't help but laugh at his running. 

"What are you laughing at?" he asks when he starts the car. 

"Nothing," I reply. He glances over at me with his eyes narrowed. 

 "So where are we going?" I ask.

"Just a little restaurant," he says. I nod and turn my head to look out the window as he drives out of my neighborhood and towards downtown. 

author's note

Hello! Thank you guys so much for commenting and viewing and freaking voting for this and liking it like oh my gosh I didn't think it was even going to get 100 views but now there's so many more views and I'm sorry if this chapter is crappy but hey at least it's something. I'm thinking about writing a Damon Fizzy fan fiction hahaha man I need to stop writing fan fictions but I won't. 

i have a crappy tumblr if you want to check me out and see about me and stuff: afternoon-fullmoon.tumblr.com 

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR COMMENTING AND VOTING FOR MY STORY!