Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Ava woke up in familiar surroundings, she was back home. She tried to sit up but her arms and legs were tied to the bed. She lifted her head up and scanned the room; there were three people in the room, the man and woman that had kidnapped her and another man.

“What the hell are you doing!” she screamed at them.

They all looked over at her at the same time, and she felt herself sink back into the bed. It probably wasn’t her best move as she was hardly in a position to put up a fight. She became annoyed when no one answered her, and they continued to have a conversation between themselves.

“The beast will come and then we strike,” the new man said to the taller man that had dragged her into the car.

The woman nodded in agreement, “But we must perform the cleansing ritual first, who knows how long she has been there. Her mind is probably full of all sorts of evil.” She said with a shudder.

Ava couldn’t stop herself from laughing, they were seriously deluded, “Why have you tied me up, am I some sort of sacrifice for this beast you talk of?”

The woman shook her head and looked at the man, “I think we should begin,” she said in a rush.

The other men agreed with her, and Ava watched as the woman pulled a box from a bag and opened it up. Ava couldn’t see what the box contained, but she was beginning to dread opening her mouth. She looked towards the window it was still light outside, so whatever this cleansing ritual was she was going to have to suffer it. Caelan couldn’t come to her rescue in the daylight and she wasn’t even sure if he would come now, not after she had ran away from him.

She just hoped and prayed that he was going to come. She watched as the woman came around to the side of the bed and placed the box down on her bedside table, she pulled a small knife from the box, a vial of some clear liquid, and a bible.

“Ethan you can do the ritual,” the woman said motioning to the tall man with the thinning hair.

Ava watched with bated breath as the woman stepped aside and the man took her place, and rolled his sleeves up to his elbows. He opened the bible and began to recite some of it, before he picked knife up. Ava cringed as he grabbed her wrist, and she couldn’t stop the hiss of pain as he made a small cut. She tried to wriggle away, but his grip on her arm was strong. He did the same to the other wrist, and then dropped her arms back onto the bed.

Ava could feel the blood welling up, and spilling from the small incisions in her wrists, it dribbled down her wrists and onto her hands. She watched him again as he recited another page then opened the small bottle of liquid, and poured it onto both her wrists. By this time the sun was slowly sinking into the sky and she knew that it wouldn’t be long until Caelan arrived; at least she hoped it wouldn’t be.