Chapter Eleven ~ Lullabies.

A week later, Chloe and James lay in their bed in their shared house while Jaydon slept peacefully in the room down the hallway.James' fingers played around with strands of Chloe dirty blonde hair as she sat and watched Glee which played on the large wall mounted television in front of her. They both were thankful for these quiet times alone together due to not having many after the birth of Jaydon. 

Suddenly, crying came from Jaydon's room indicating he wants some sort of attention either to be fed or just out of loneliness. Both James and Chloe sighed heavily. Sitting up, about to get out of bed and go to Jaydon, Chloe soon got stopped by James who protested.

"No, stay there. I'll go, Princess."

Chloe watched as James left the bedroom to Jaydon's before quickly becoming bored as she glanced around the familiar room finding out of place ornaments, James' untidy piles of sheet music and discarded clothes which neither of them could of been bothered to pick up. 

The sound of a soft singing voice filled the atmosphere of the bedroom. Chloe smiled widly as she instantly recognised the song as her favourite song Beside You by 5 Seconds Of Summer.

A light turquoise with various cartoon zoo animals painted the walls while a plush beige carpet covered the floor. A rocking chair which sat in the corner, a set of chester draws and a wardrobe which were all a brilliant white color were spread out across the medium sized room. Stuffed animals,gifts off friends and family and turquoise accessories were also scattered around the room. Wooden white block capital letters spelt out 'Jaydon Christopher' on the wall above the bright white cot. A mobile with blue and white giraffes hung down to the cot while a fluffy white rug sat in front of the cot. 

"When we both fall asleep underneath the same sky, time stops, I wish that I could rewind. So close but so far away, can you hear me? I wish I was, I wish I was beside you. Another day and I'm somewhere new, I made a promise soon. Bring me back, bring me back to you. She sleeps alone, my heart wants to come home. I wish I was, I wish I was, beside you." James sang softly to the hushed Jaydon lying in his arms, fixated on his father. 

"I don't know how you stop him from crying so easily." Chloe spoke, making James jump slightly. 

"I'm that amazing." He joked back as Chloe walked towards him. 

"He's perfect." Chloe mumbled, gazing down at her son in James' arms. 

"Like you..." James trailed. 

"Oh, stop it." Chloe replied in a jokey camp voice making both of them burst into laughter. 

"I love you."

"I love you too." Chloe responded, placing a light kiss upon James' lips. 

Meanwhile, in Shannon's and Brad's newly brought house together early the same morning, both Shannon and Brad were up and exhausted due to Savannah never ceasing her screams, crys and wailing during the night. 

"Savannah, please shush!" Brad sighed heavily as he rocked the newborn in his arms in an attempt to stop her crys. 

"Try this..." Shannon trailed, passing Brad a small pink bottle full of warm milk. 

After over five minutes of struggling, Brad finally got Savannah start to drink the milk which in a instant stopped her ear splitting wails. Looking over to Shannon, Brad noticed her eyelids begin to droop indicating exhaustion was slowly controlling her body. 

"Sleep, sweetheart, I'll handle Savannah." Brad states, smiling caringly at Shannon. 

She goes to protest but a large yawn stops her while convincing her to take a nap while Savannah for the first time in a long time is quiet. Shannon closes her eyes fully yet doesn't go to sleep due to her new motherhood insincts kicking in. Shannon listens as Brad continues to feed Savannah, smiling down lovingly at her as she gulps down the few last sips of milk in the bottle. 

Brad stands in unison with Shannon's eyes peeking open to watch what was happening. She watches as Brad pacing around the baby things scattered living room, singing I'll Be Your Strength by The Wanted in a soft voice while gently patting her back in a attempt to burp her. 

"We can stand so tall together. We can make it through the Stormy weather. We can go through it all together, do it all together, do it all. I'll be your strength, I will, I will, I will. I'll be your strength, yes I will, yes I will. I won't sleep till the sky is calmer, keep on searching till I find you and my love will be your armor in this battlefield around you." 

Eventually she burps and Brad smiles wide proudly before returning to the sofa with Savannah who was close to sleep and laid down. He stretches out upon the sofa and places Savannah carefully upon his chest as she peacefully slept. 

Shannon smiles lovingly, deciding she can now peacefully take her nap and closes her eyes entering her dream world herself.