Chapter 5 Dread

Six hours until dawn

Matt, Emily and I started to walk towards the cable car. Our group was going there to get some help, we can't handle a maniac without police, which is my opinion. When we past a gate and closed it Matt walked towards it again. "Hey...it's locked!" He said to us. I looked at him. "What do you mean locked? You think the psycho knows what we are going to do?" "I don't know who the hell did this. But there is some seriously uncool shit going up here tonight." He said. "Well, if there is really no way back to the lodge when we have to get there, we can always climb over the gates, it is not that tall." I said, trying to calm him down. "Yeah, you're right." I told me.

And we continued to walk in the direction of the cable car. "I can't believe Josh is dead." Emily spoke. "I can't believe how he died." Matt responded. "No I mean, what if they were wrong? Maybe we should have checked the shed to see if it was really true." Emily said. This moment I am just walking behind them and don't really feel like speaking, my head is still hurting but the bleeding stopped. "I don't know. There are some things that once you seen them, you can never un-see them." "Yeah I guess...but some things you have to see for yourself." "I'll take their word for it." They continued their conversation. At least listening to them talking makes sure I'm not overthinking everything that happened.

"What actually happened to you, Jade?" Matt suddenly asked me. He and Emily both stopped walking and turned their faces towards me. "Uhmmm...Chris, Ashley, J-Josh and I had held a séance. And somehow I think we had connected with Hannah, she told us there was proof of how they died and who did it, in the library. It was too much for me, so I went to the guest room to get some rest. When I woke up there was this man with a mask hanging above me. I tried to get away, but in progress I felt from the stairs and hit my head. Then I ran to the front door, which was locked. He suddenly stood behind me and placed this masker on my mouth and I felt asleep. When I woke up, I realized Chris and Ashley were still in the house, or at least I thought they were. So I went to search for them, but when I opened the door...I don't know...I think I saw a ghost. I think I saw Hannah. But I didn't take the time to stop and look at her, so I ran away, outside."

Matt and Emily both looked with a weird look on their faces, like they didn't believe I saw Hannah. I don't blame them, I don't believe I either. "But when I think about what happened, my story isn't that traumatizing as that of Chris and Ashley and J-J-Josh." I told them. God, it is so hard to get his name off my lips.

"Yeah, I think we should continue." Emily spoke up. Matt and I nodded, and we continued walking. Matt started walking next to me and placed his hand on my shoulder for comfort. We kept walking that way.

When we reached the cable car, Matt suddenly spoke up "Look, an axe...I feel better with an axe." So he took the axe from the door, where it was placed in. Emily walked over to the door and tried to open it. From the way she was pulling at the door and how the door wouldn't open, I concluded it was locked. "Oh what now? This is locked, Matt!" That also helped with the conclusion. "Well, break the door down will ya?" She nearly commanded him. "Whoa, wait a second. We start smashing shit down he's gonna hear us." Matt told her. "You got any better suggestions?" She bitchingly asked him. Can't she ever stop being a bitch to her own boyfriend. "I dunno." Matt started to look around, for another way in. It looked like he found something. "Look. There is a window." And he was right, the window was already open, just not open enough to fit through comfortably. "That's great Matt. I can just fit my lip balm through that little slot. You will never fit through there, big guy." "I won't fit but you will." He told her. Oh but I don't think that is a smart idea, Emily won't do that. "Are you nuts? You're gonna shove my ass through that little hole?" Oh don't worry Emily, I will help with that. "I've seen you slip into some pretty tight jeans, Em. It's a talent." He told, trying to make it sound like he is complementing her.