Chapter 2

I look around our new home and it's actually very nice.

The rooms are in the second floor. There are two rooms in the whole house, of course including the two bathrooms also.

Finally after unpacking a few things to our new home, I walked upstairs and jumped in my bed. I then got up and sat down in my bed and many things started to run through my mind.

I then got up to look out the windows. In my room, there are three big windows that are next to each other which I can see the view from outside, which was pretty cool.

"Hmm, I don't see him." I tried looking for the french braided hair guy but he was no where to be found.

"What am I saying?" I said while I threw myself in my bed. All I can think about was the guy I had seen earlier. His smile was just so gorgeous.

"He is so damn cute." I said to myself. I looked around my room.

"So much things to unpack, fuck." The only things I've unpacked was the things for my bed, such as the pillows and blankets. The new bed was here when we came here. Nice of my dad's boss to do for us. I then hear my phone vibrating. I quickly got it out of my backpack and sat down in my bed. I checked to see who was calling or texting me.

"One missed call: Mercedes."

I then quickly unlocked my phone and dialed her number.

"Josephine! Aye girl you in Harlem yet? I really want to see you boo!"

"I actually am. Let's chill? I'll go over."

"Yeah come over then! I'll wait for you here."

"Wait, what? Are you crazy Mercedes? How am I suppose to get there? I just got here!"

"Oh Josephine, yo ass needs to explore Harlem! Come over in a hour, I'll be waiting for you outside."

"Mercedes come on don-"

"Love you!" Mercedes then hangs up.

"Fucking Mercedes, she would make me go over there." I said as I crossed my arms. It's barley 4:30, and I'm not going over to Mercedes until 5, so I then spent my time helping my parents unpack.

"Mom, do you REALLY like it here?" I said as I was helping her fix the kitchen.

"Yes I do actually. It's really nice here and I love how everyone is friendly!"

"But mom, this isn't the same as Calif-"

"You know what Josephine?" My mom said interupting me, not being able to finish my sentence. "I had enough of your 'California this, California that' bullshit! Be happy that your dad got a big promotion and is finally getting what he always wanted!" My mom said yelling in my face.

The look in her eyes was telling me that she was pretty serious.

"Whatever." I whispered to myself. I looked away from her and I then put down the dishes in the counter, got my backpack from the living room, and left as I smashed my door behind me.

I sat down outside in the steps of our outdoor staircase and thought about what my mom said. She was right, I should be proud of my dad, I really am but why here?

"This isn't our home." I said as I got up and walked down the street to head to Mercedes house. I passed by a grocery store and looked in the windows, somehow looking to find the guy I've seen.

"What the fuck am I doing shit I need to head to Mercedes before it gets to dark." I said as I quickly turned away from the windows.

I passed by these men carrying a really huge mirror that they left outside to talk to the person who bought it. I checked myself out and was looking rather nice.