You bump into George while Christmas shopping

- “What about this?” Your friend asked holding up a red skater dress. 

- “No, it's too bright. What do you think of this one?” You asked holding a pale pink dress against your body. 

- “I like that, why don't you try it on?”

- “One step ahead of you there.” You replied already walking in the direction of the changing rooms. 

It was a Saturday, and you were spending the day shopping with your best friend. Originally you planned to do Christmas shopping but so far you had 5 shopping bags in your hand, none of which contained Christmas presents. You were currently looking for a dress for a Christmas party next weekend.

You tried on the dress and loved it. You changed back into your jeans and top before exiting the changing rooms. You headed straight for the tills to buy the dress. You were too busy admiring your dress to notice the guy heading towards you who also happened to be distracted by a conversation with his friends when you crashed into the boy dropping your dress. You apologised to the boy before bending down to pick up your dress. It was only when you looked up that you actually looked at the boy and realising that he seemed familiar. 

- “Hi, um sorry about that. I wasn't watching where I was going. Are you okay?” The boy asked concerned. 

- “Yeah I'm fine...” you answered still staring at the boy trying to work out where you recognised him. “I'm sorry I don't want to be rude but do I know you from somewhere? It's just you seem really familiar.”

The boy looked at you for a minute as if he were trying to work out if he did know you. Suddenly his face lit up with recognition.

- “Oh my gosh, you’re Y/N aren’t you? It’s been a long time since I last saw you.”  

You didn't reply but merely looked at him confused still unsure where you recognised him from. The boy noticing your confused expression continued.  

- “I'm George, George shelley. We used to go to school together.” 

Of course, you thought, you hadn’t seen him in several years and he had changed a lot.

- “Oh my god, Hi George. How are you? Sorry I didn't recognise you at first, you've changed a lot since I last saw you.” 

- “So have you. How many years is it now? 5?” He smiled. 

- “4.” You corrected him. 

- “Do you- maybe want to get a coffee? By way of apology. It would be nice to catch up.” He asked. 

- “Well” you hesitated, “I have to go and pay for my dress and find Y/F/N but I'd love to some other time.” You reached into your pocket and pulled out your phone. “What's your number?” You asked passing him your mobile to type it in. He typed in his number and passed back your phone before handing you his allowing you to type in your number. 

- “I guess I'll see you soon then.” You said. 

- “Definitely, it's been way too long since we saw each other.” 

- “Tell me about it. It was nice seeing you again. I’ll look forward to that drink.” You smiled.

- “Goodbye Y/N” you heard George say before you turned towards the queue so you could finally pay for your dress. 

- “Who was that?” Your friend asked coming up behind you in the queue. 

- “Oh just an old school friend.” You paused. “You remember George Shelley?”