The surprise visit

Chapter 1

Savannah rolled over onto her side as her eyes slowly opened. Her dark head of wavy hair was tasseled and knotted as it laid on her face. Today was going to be a relatively boring day for her. She was going to be home by herself with nothing to do but watch Netflix and drink Doctor Pepper.

With reluctance, she pushed down the thick, warm quilt and slumped to the kitchen. The clock on the stove read 12:00 PM meaning it was time for some lunch. She scoured all over the kitchen before settling on a bag of Doritos. Savannah walked over to the small table to eat when her front door opened.

There was light shuffling and then a loud PLOMP. She slowly stood and crept around to look at what caused the noise. The door was locked. Oh god I gonna die! I'm too young! My mom would miss me, Kenzie will take my room, and my dad would have no one interesting to talk to! And Crystal! This would crush her little-

Her thoughts were interrupted when she saw who the intruder was. Crystal. The smaller girl was curled up in a blanket staring blankly at the wall across from her.

"Crystal!?" Savannah exclaimed causing her blue eyes to shift to the towering figure above her. "What the heck are you doing here?"

Crystal answered with a sigh. "I'm spending the night. I figured we weren't going anywhere so I just woke up, wrapped myself in a blanket and got to the car. Why? Do you not want me here?"

"You idiot! You can't just come walking in people's houses!"

"I can when it's yours."

Savannah shook her head and turned to walk back into the kitchen.

"Where are you going?" Crystal's head popped up. The sunlight coming through one of the windows blinded her causing her to scream and duck back underneath the blanket. Savannah laughed as she grabbed the bag of Doritos and sat down beside her best friend.

Upon hearing the satisfying POP of a bag opening, Crystal submerged from her bundle to steal a few chips.

"Is there anything you want to watch? You really need to see The Princess Bride." The taller girl stated prying a disgruntled noise to come from the other.

"No, cabbage," there she goes with that stupid nickname again. "I told you before, I don't like those kinds of movies."

"Please just watch it? I'll turn it off if it gets too unbearable for you."

"Thank you for your consideration, but I can get through it, I'm not weak."

"I never said you were."

"You implied it!"

"I did not!"

"Just shut up and put on the movie."

Savannah got up with a huff and put the disk in the movie player. 

*****two hours later*****

"OH MY GOD THAT WAS FANFREAKINGTASTIC!" Crystal screamed while jumping on Savannah. "WHY DIDN'T YOU MAKE ME WATCH IT BEFORE!?"

"Because you insisted you wouldn't like it! Now quit jumping you're going to fall off."

"Am no-" just then, Crystal's foot slipped off the couch and she went tumbling to the floor.

Savannah burst out in laughter, the sound filling the room. Crystal wasn't the least bit amused until she looked up to see Savannah smiling. A sense of pride welled up in her chest that "she got to make Savannah laugh." She knew that she was the only one who could pry a genuine laugh from the taller girl.

"I-I told you to stop-" Savannah began wiping tears from her green/brown eyes. "Jumping."

"When do I ever listen?"

"Clearly not enough!"

The two Laughed together for a long while. The rest of the day was filled with bad puns from Crystal, messed up sentences from Savannah, and the two of them just happy to be in each other's company.

Little did they know, that night would be the last time in a long, long time they would be able to see the other smile.

Hello, Author here! So I know this seems weird, but these girls are literally beautiful together. If you ever need to know what a real friendship is like, turn to them. They are literally The Best of Friends. Two different sides to the same coin. They complete each other. Savannah actually moved a while ago and Crystal had been avoiding any outside contact (except for school). These two are great and they deserve more people to know their story