Baby Of Mine

Baby mine, don't you cry.

  Soft little sobs could be heard in one of the many rooms in the house. Lucy knew who was crying and quickly ran to the room worried.

  She opened the door to see her little boy crying on the bed. Lucy frowned and quickly made her way to the tiny boy.

Baby mine, dry your eyes.

  Lucy sat down on the bed and when Luke saw his mother he quickly wiped away his tears. He looked away from Lucy so she couldn't see his now puffy red eyes.

  "Honey, what's wrong?" Lucy asked. She already knew what was wrong and why Luke was crying. He just shook his head and refused to look at his mother.

  "Nothing is wrong mommy. I was just too close to an onion." the little boy said. Lucy laughed quietly to her self and smiled a bit.

  "What is an onion doing in your room?" she asked the little boy. He stayed quiet as if thinking up another excuse.

  "Um, it grew legs and walked into my room?" the little boy said more like a question then a response.

  He then looked over at Lucy. Lucy chuckled softly and smiled a little at the boy. She could see the tears once again forming in the boy's eyes. Lucy spread her arms out a little and the boy quickly hugged his mom as she hugged him back.

Rest your head close to my heart, never a part, baby of mine.

  The boy started to sob. It broke Lucy's heart to hear her little boy crying. She stroked the boy's pink hair. Looking at the familiar hair color made Lucy frown on the inside but she smiled on the out.

  "It's okay to cry Luke. Everyone cries even the biggest people need to cry. Don't you worry, your daddy will be coming home soon and when he see's you he'll be so happy!" Lucy said to the little boy. He looked at Lucy and smiled a little. She kissed his forehead and smiled back at him.

  'He looks so much like you Natsu...' Lucy thought to herself as she looked at the boy with loving eyes. That night Lucy fell asleep with the little 5 year old boy asleep in her arms. However, as lovely as the moment was she felt guilty for her lie.

<><><Few Days Later~><><>

  Lucy had taken Luke to the park. He was running around smiling and playing with the other kids. Lucy smiled and took out a book to read.

  As Lucy was getting more and more absorbed into the book she felt something wrap around her waist and someone placing their head on her lap. They hugged her tightly and little sobs were released. Lucy quickly put her book down and looked down.

  Little Luke had a frown on his face. Not to long ago he was smiling a bright gorgeous smile.

Little one, when you play
Pay no heed to what they say.

  Before Lucy could ask him what was wrong he spoke up.

  "The kids on he play ground all have a daddy. When will I get to see my dad?" said Luke hugging Lucy's waist tighter.

Let your eyes, sparkle and shine
Never a tear, baby of mine.